Hematology Oncology Job In Overland Park, Kansas
Hematology Oncology Opportunity in Overland Park, KansasNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Alicia Lampkin: Sign in to view
Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute is in search of a hematology oncology physician to provide clinical research and clinical care for the Overland Park area.
- Board certified in hematology and oncology
- Fellows completing training in 2021 are encouraged to apply
- General hematology & oncology with a preferred interest in GU
- Call 1:4
- Interest in clinical research
- Patients-first culture
- Unmatched potential for flexibility and career growth
- Competitive salary with incentive based package
- Sign on bonus and generous student loan repayment
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Time away from work combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence
- CME time and dues allowances
- 401k with company matching
- Employee stock purchase plan
About Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute & Menorah Medical Center:
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health is a network of hospitals and physicians that bring together the latest in cancer treatment, technology, and comprehensive services close to home, providing patients throughout our region with a new level of care and support as they face cancer. This oncology group consists of 14 oncologists, 4 gyn oncologists, 2 radiation oncologists and 12 advanced practice providers.
- Menorah Medical Center is a full service, acute care hospital serving the communities of Overland Park and Leawood with a medical staff of 600+ physicians, 950+ staff and 155+ beds.
- Menorah’s world-class medical staff offers exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, teens, and children.
- The hospital serves the community healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area.
- The hospital is undergoing an unprecedented $65 million expansion to improve access and further advance the high-quality care delivered.
The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people as well as home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others. KCI Airport features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. For the food enthusiast—KC features four James Beard Award winning chefs and about a dozen finalists. Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now. Overland Park, a suburb of Kansas City located in Johnson County, ranked #1 for 'best places to raise a family.'
If you are not familiar with Kansas City, let me tell you it is one of the best kept secrets in the US! Recently it was named one of the 10 best downtown areas by Forbes magazine. It is consistently listed as one of the top 10 places to live in the US due to the affordability of housing, great job market, cultural interests, sports activities and facilities, and geographic location. Even though KC is considered the Midwest, it is technically almost in the exact center of the US!
Although there had already been a wide variety of artists living, working, and coalescing around downtown Kansas City, the brand new Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts just opened in September and quickly became central, and a visual monument to just how seriously Kansas City takes the arts. Combine that love of culture with a walkable and livable downtown, a wide variety of neighborhoods such as The Plaza, which is known for its upscale shopping and entertainment. Plus, everywhere you look in Kansas City, there’s another fountain dancing in front of you. They were one of the first cities in the US to add a pedestrian mall back in the fifties says Jason Clampet, senior online editor for Frommers.com. Plus you’ve got great barbecue there, and you can spend all day going from barbecue to barbecue joint . . . it’s that delicious. - Forbes Magazine
Founded in 1931, Menorah Medical Center moved to its new park-like campus in Johnson County in 1998. The medical center campus includes a 158-bed acute care hospital, doctors building, and outpatient clinics offering the highest standard of patient care and cutting-edge technology. MMC has a comprehensive medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, children and teens. The campus design maximizes the area's natural beauty, and provides a relaxed and friendly environment for patients and guests.
Menorah was the first hospital in Johnson County dually certified as an Accredited Chest Pain Center and Certified Stroke Care Center.
Accredited Chest Pain Center
CyberKnife® Radiosurgery System
Family Birthing Center
Medical Weight Management
The Sarcoma Institute