RN Job In Rolla, Missouri
Care ManagerNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- The Care Manager is accountable and responsible for coordinating the care and services of the assigned patient populations. The care manager promotes effective utilization and monitoring of health care resources and ensures appropriate placement across the continuum. The care manager assumes a leadership role with the Interdisciplinary Care Team (IDC) to achieve optimal clinical, financial and resource outcomes.
- Promotes effective utilization and monitoring of health care resources. Ensures appropriate placement across the continuum.
- Assumes a leadership role with the Multidisciplinary Care Team (MDC) to achieve optimal clinical, financial and resource outcomes.
- Collaborates with physicians and makes appropriate recommendations regarding medical necessity for admission, continued stay, or alternative treatment facilities, agencies, and/or resources.
- Contributes to the development of a goal directed plan of care that is prioritized and based on determined medical diagnosis, patient problems, co-morbidities, and expected patient outcomes.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care and systems relating to the patient’s progress toward goals and outcomes and acts as an active participant in the patients’ and significant others’ educational process.
- Completes the discharge planning evaluation in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and communicates, in timely manner, the discharge plan with the patients, significant others, and providers of care.
- Communicates directly with patients, significant others, and providers of care during the denial process to include issuing denial letters and assisting in appealing hospital denials prior to and after the discharge of a patient.
- Provides and coordinates patient and family discharge plans based on the age of patient.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development, ranges of treatment, and by obtaining and interpreting information regarding patient needs.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing or Social Work. Bachelor’s in Nursing or Bachelor’s in Social Work preferred.
- One year of clinical experience required. Three years of clinical experience preferred. Experience with utilization management, discharge planning, and third party payors preferred. Must be computer literate and have knowledge and understanding of psycho/social needs.
- Missouri or Compact RN license, if applicable. Case Management certification preferred.
- Considerable mental concentration required. Lifting up to 35 lbs., turning activities and nearly constant walking required. Standing, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching.
- Frequent exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons at times. Frequent exposure to communicable disease via blood and other body fluids. Minimal physical discomfort.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.