General Patient Care Job In Rolla, Missouri
Patient Care Assistant TraineeNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
The Phelps Health PCA Trainee Program will include 75 hours of didactic course work and 75 hours of clinical practicum training under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Clinical Education or designee. When the program is successfully completed, the PCA Trainee will then fill the role they were hired in thier department. The program will begin June 21,2021.
Under the general supervision of a licensed nurse (RN, LPN, shift manager), the Patient Care Assistant (PCA) provides direct patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
After completion of the Phelps Health PCA Trainee Program and upon hire one will:
- Be responsible for performing assigned patient care activities and assisting licensed nursing personnel.
- Follows established hospital policy regarding patient safety measures such as infection prevention, safe patient handling and movement, notification of the licensed nurse when patient condition changes to insure that patient care is provided in an optimally safe environment.
- Provide basic patient care duties under the supervision of a licensed nurse such as, but not limited to: vital signs, glucometer checks, toileting, feeding, bathing, and activity measures, etc. All actions are performed within the guidelines established in hospital policy and procedure. These actions will support quality outcomes and patient safety.
- Work collaboratively with nursing staff to care for the basic needs of each patient and quickly respond to patient requests to insure patient safety and enhance the patient’s experience.
- Document accurately and efficiently all patient care activities realizing the importance of documentation in clinical decision making of other health care team members.
- Communicate to appropriate team member’s pertinent patient information in order to improve patient outcomes and quality care.
- Adapt to change in a positive and professional manner in an attempt to support the hospital mission, vision, and values. Follows all hospital policies in regards to appearance, behavior, and attendance.
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Skills and proficiency in oral and written grammar, communication, and basic mathematics as acquired through official completion of high school or its equivalent. Ability to perform support activities in patient care as acquired through completion of the Phelps Health PCA Trainee program.
Minimum Work Experience Knowledge of patient care technician practices and related patient care activities and hospital policies and procedures as acquired through on-the-job training. Knowledge of basic non-technical skills as acquired through on-the-job training.
Certification/Licenses American Heart Association Basic Life Support
Mental/Physical Requirements Considerable mental concentration required. Lifting up to 35 lbs., turning activities and nearly constant walking required: standing, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching.
Working Conditions Frequent exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons at times. Frequent exposure to communicable disease via blood and other body fluids. Minimal physical discomfort.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.