Pharmacist Job In Rolla, Missouri
Pharmacy Operations ManagerNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- The Pharmacy Operations Manager oversees the daily operations of the In-Patient Pharmacy Department and works with the Director of Pharmacy to accomplish departmental goals and objectives.
- Acts as a liaison with nursing and medical staff concerning drug orders, patient reactions, errors, and complaints.
- Develops and maintains departmental policies and procedures, goals, objectives, quality assurance programs, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature and professional organizations.
- Holds department meetings to update staff on pharmacy operations and organization as a whole. Attends meetings as required and participates in committees.
- Prepares work schedules, assigns personnel, evaluates work performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Prepares written documentation as required by professional standards and the Department.
- Assists in or coordinates precepting of Pharmacy Students.
- Works as a Clinical Staff Pharmacist as needed and follows those Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- Participates in the selection and hiring of both technicians and pharmacists.
- Completes all annual mandatory education required by facility.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or PharmD, preferred, from an accredited college of pharmacy required.
- A minimum of three years pharmacy experience required
- Current Missouri pharmacist license required or ability to acquire Missouri licensure within 90 days. Active membership in pharmacy organizations is encouraged.
- Considerable mental concentration for sustained periods of time on variable operations. Physical requirements of standing, walking, sitting and lifting (35 lbs.) may be necessary.
- Standard working conditions. Subject to difficult deadlines and sensitive situations.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.