Management Job In Rolla, Missouri
Interim Director of Ambulance ServicesNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- The Director of Ambulance Services is responsible for the day to day operations of the Ambulance Services. The Director of Ambulance Services is responsible for the human resources management of the Ambulance Service to include staffing, scheduling, staff education, performance evaluations, counseling and discipline as required. The Director of Ambulance Services represents Phelps Health internally and externally at various meetings and events.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments, physicians, administration, hospital patients, guest and the community.
- Ensures that performance appraisals are completed within time frames.
- Develops staff performance through consistent feedback regarding performance. Works with department leadership staff to develop staff skills and abilities.
- Continually assesses and improves department's performance and maintains appropriate quality control programs. Works closely with the quality department and risk management to identify quality issues and develops action plans and lean focused process changes to address quality issues.
- Oversees coordination of new employee departmental orientation utilizing the performance based development system. Ensures competency through skill validations and continuous performance evaluation and review.
- Counsel’s staff as appropriate submits counseling/disciplinary documentation per Human Resources policy.
- Ensures that areas of supervision maintain a clean, safe environment.
- Ensures the department meets or exceeds all state, federal, Joint Commission, and specialty licensing/accreditation regulations and standards. Able to initiate process changes necessary to maintain compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Implements strategies necessary to achieve department performance and finance goals and observes and measures outcomes.
- Interprets hospital policy and regulations to staff, patients, visitors and physicians.
- Interviews and selects qualified applicants for open positions.
- Develops realistic capital and operational budgets and initiates cost reduction strategies.
- Manages department within budgeted expenses, meeting productivity goals. Is able to adjust daily operations to meet budgetary requirements.
- Prepares timely monthly reports and cost variance reports and has detailed understanding of operating and capital budgets.
- Works collaboratively with other nursing departments to maximize outcomes with a systems approach.
- Promotes and contributes to a positive culture that promotes staff satisfaction as well as staff growth and development.
- High School education or equivalent required. Graduate of Missouri State approved EMT-P course required. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Business is preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the delivery of emergency healthcare either as a Paramedic or EMT required. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Current Missouri licensure as EMT-P required. American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, PHTLS, and PALS certification required. (ACLS, PHTLS, and PALS must obtain within six months of hire.)
- Considerable mental concentration required. Lifting up to 50 lbs., turning activities and nearly constant walking required. Standing, walking, sitting, lifting (50 lbs), turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, reaching. Driving for extended periods of time. Dealing with traumatic and stressful situations.
- Frequent exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons at times. Frequent exposure to communicable disease via blood and other body fluids. Minimal physical discomfort.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.