Non-Clinical Entry Level Job In Oviedo, Florida
Youth Care Worker (Evenings) - (Oviedo, Florida, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Youth Care Worker, part of giving youth a second chance is exposing them to new opportunities. Youth come to Boys Town for a variety of reasons – family issues, abuse, neglect, abandonment, involvement in the juvenile justice system. You come in by being a part of the team that gives thousands of at-risk children the love, support and education they need to succeed.
Schedule: Full-Time, 2:00 PM-10:00 PM, Weekends Included,
- Assists in the supervision and training of youth.
- Assesses and monitors youth skills and progress to determine skill development needs and priorities.
- Uses the Boys Town Model to teach and monitor behaviors and skills in accordance with individualized service plans.
- Monitors activities and maintains a safe living and learning environment for youth.
- Monitors, supports, and encourages academic performance and educational success.
- Models appropriate relationships with youth and staff.
- Attends consultation meetings, staff meetings, and shift transition meetings.
- Assists in processing documents for youth intake and departure, updates files, and assists in the preparation of youth summaries and reports.
- Observes and participates in mediation and planning conferences with youth and their families.
- Attends to youth medical and physical conditions as needed.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to transport youth to and from school, appointments, and outings.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to build and sustain trust to facilitate successful, professional relationships.
About Boys Town Central Florida:
Join us in sunny Florida as a part of Boys Town Central Florida, where our programs and services touch the lives of 7,600 children and families each year. The largest campus area outside the Village of Boys Town, Nebraska, Boys Town Central Florida opened in 1986 in Oviedo.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Central Florida. Looking ahead, we are continuing to expand our programs across the community and grow our 55-acre campus. Outside of work, the entertainment never ends in the middle of the Sunshine State. Like basketball? Our site is home to the Orlando Magic NBA team, and we get tickets! Want a taste of what college football rivalries mean in the state of Florida? Catch a game at the UCF, one of the fastest growing college football programs in the country. We also can’t forget about the local theme parks ranging from Walt Disney World Resort and their newest park, Star Wars Galaxy Edge, to Universal Studios, where you can relive all the movies of your past and present.
Date Posted: June 8th, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.