Housekeeping and Environmental Services Job In Rolla, Missouri
This job was posted 3 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- The Housekeeper 1 performs the daily routine cleaning duties according to the performance standards.
- Cleans assigned patient rooms and ancillary areas on a daily basis following procedures and guidelines.
- Cleans assigned office spaces per policy.
- Uses appropriate cleaners for jobs assigned. Keeps carts locked and stored in proper locations. Keeps housekeeping carts/janitor closets clean, neat and organized at all times.
- Fills out daily sheets correctly. Must be turned into supervisor/director on a daily basis.
- Notifies supervisor of problems related to the cleaning and maintenance of assigned areas, chemicals, equipment failure, safety issues, facility issues that need repair or maintenance by Plant Operations.
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred, a basic amount of education is necessary. Ability to read, write and follow directions. Must be willing and able to learn other tasks and duties.
- A minimum of 0-3 months experience in housekeeping or floor care which can be learned through on-the-job training or previous experience.
- Not Applicable
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math tasks. Good communications skills. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to organize work. Must be able to stoop, bend, reach, twist, lift weights up to 40 pounds, push linen carts weighing 300 lbs. Basic computer skills. Long periods of standing and walking. Ability to learn and follow hospital and Environmental Services policies and procedures. Ability to use chemicals and operate housekeeping equipment safely.
- May encounter unpleasant conditions, offensive odors, body fluids. Potential exposure to infectious diseases. Exposure to housekeeping and floor finishing chemicals, slick or wet floor surfaces. Employee may work in an area that contains medications.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.