Marketing and Sales Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Communication Specialist - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
In a career as Communications Specialist, you contribute to our greatest asset, our people and culture of Boys Town. The Communications Specialist assists with the development and execution of employee communications strategies regarding news, organizational developments, policies and procedures, and stories to increase organizational awareness and promote a positive environment. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you further our commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities.
- Assists with the implementation of employee communications strategies including communications regarding news, organizational developments, policies and procedures, and stories to increase organizational awareness.
- Consults with department supervisors to develop and execute effective strategies to help communicate with their teams and the organization.
- Communicates with managers and support staff to gather input on community relations in each site, key contacts, and potential opportunities for highlighting Boys Town's mission.
- Partners with Human Resources to ensure employee communication efforts are in line with HR policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with Boys Town departments to execute the most effective means of promoting employee events and initiatives.
- Researches new and creative ways to communicate organizational information to employees.
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Journalism, related field, or equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years of marketing or communications experience; web marketing is preferred.
- Knowledge of marketing and communications principles, ethics, and practices.
- Ability to utilize web marketing and social media to promote organizational goals.
- Ability to cultivate community and cross-department relationships to achieve desired results.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
June 10th, 2021
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.