Nurse Practitioner Job In Richmond Heights, Missouri
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
SSM St. Mary's Hospital, a two-time winner of the prestigious Premier Award for Quality, is a teaching hospital that offers an independent, accredited IM residency and is headquarters for St. Louis University School of Medicines Dept. of Obstetrics/Gynecology and its FP residency program. As a Level II Time Critical Diagnosis STEMI Center, SSM St. Mary's specializes in high-risk pregnancy care and fetal surgery.
- 476-bed, non-profit teaching hospital
- Established team of 20 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- No procedures required
- Closed ICU with intensivist coverage provided by Sound's own critical care team
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off - 1 week days and 1 week nights
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in MO; Acute care certification required
- Not open to new grads – ideally looking for a candidate with a minimum of 2 years of recent acute care experience
Location & Lifestyle
The metropolitan city of St. Louis offers a low cost of living, named the “20-minute city” for little traffic and easy commutes. The “must-see” in this city is the 630 ft. Gateway Arch, built in the 1960s honoring westward expansion. For sports fans, the city is home to the NFL’s St. Louis Rams, MLB Cardinals, and the NHL’s St. Louis Blues. St. Louis offers easy access to international travel at the St. Louis Lambert International Airport. There are many hip and desirable neighborhoods including Central West End and Richmond Heights which are close to downtown, universities, restaurants, outdoor excursions, and rural countryside drives. St Louis is also home to USA Today’s #1 City Park, Forest Park, located right in the middle of town!
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.