Neurosurgery Job In Mcallen, Texas
This job was posted 7 days ago. Be one of the first 5 applicants.
- This is a great chance to build your practice the way you want it with the full support from the hospital
- Access to a Da Vinci Robot Surgical System, a Biplane Unit and an Angiography Suite
- 60-80%: brain/spine cases
- Experience with VNS/DBS and/or Stroke would be a plus
- Shared call with two other Neuro Surgeons in the community
- Huge community need for an additional Neuro Surgeon in the area
- Must be board certified or board eligible in Neuro Surgery
- Ability to obtain a Texas medical license or have a Texas medical license in good standing.
- Candidates with experience or new residents/fellows will be considered.
- Guaranteed Base Salary plus Bonuses
- Employment (501.a)
- Rich benefit package
- Paid Malpractice
- CME days/allowance and Vacation
- Relocation Allowance
- Texas has Tort Reform and No State Income Taxes!!
Known as the ""city of palms"", McAllen is the thriving hub of the Rio Grande Valley and home to the vital Texas citrus industry. A long-time crossroads of cultures and economies between the U.S. and Mexico, McAllen has emerged as a top destination for retailers, manufacturers and logistics firms in international trade and manufacturing. Its sunny days and climate accommodate active lifestyles with abundant recreational opportunities, including challenging golf courses, scenic parks, and the white sand beaches of South Padre Island. In this city of 100,000+, residents enjoy a cost of living that is far below the national average, offering affordable housing enhanced by a rich multicultural spectrum of shopping, dining and nightlife options. With no state income tax, tort reform and a low cost of living, Texas offers an ideal place to grow a family and a practice.
Serving area residents since 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (www.riohealth.com) is a full-service acute care hospital offering all major specialties. A recent $65 million expansion added a five-story tower which increased the number of patient beds to 320. A complete updating of the entire facility includes the addition of the latest in diagnostic and treatment equipment and technology to maintain the hospital’s leading role as a healthcare provider. In 2003 and 2004, the hospital was rated among the top 5% of all hospitals in the country for overall clinical performance. Catchment area of 700,000. All specialties are represented.