Food Services Job In Rolla, Missouri
Diet ClerkNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
The Diet Clerk is responsible for ensuring that all patients receive timely screenings, appropriate diet information, provides selective menus for patient meal choices, based on their prescribed diet order, completes appropriate paper work to ensure that patients receive the correct food items and check the patient tray line at meal periods for tray accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Communicates problems incurred with patient’s diets, appropriateness of meal selections, patient’s meal concerns, patient’s likes and dislikes that may affect their food and beverage intake, or the nutritional adequacy of the meal or diet that the patient is receiving.
2. Performs administrative tasks pertaining to the maintaining of the patient menus, food selections, snacks, and diet orders for accuracy.
3. Communicates with patient or nursing any questions regarding patient’s understanding of diet or diet modifications.
4. Takes temperatures of food items prior to meal service. Checks meal tray accuracy of diet order to ensure quality.
5. Prepares and delivers snacks for patients.
High school education or equivalent preferred; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Minimum Work Experience
Six months experience in Healthcare Food Services required.
Considerable mental concentration required for repetitive duties for long periods of time. Long periods of standing and walking. Ability to read and write. Ability to learn and understand procedures related to patient feeding and diet modifications for patients. Ability to lift minimum of 30 lbs at a time during shift.
Shares office and desk space with other Food Service Personnel. Office area may be warm due to small working area and crowded conditions. May encounter unpleasant conditions at times in patient care areas. Potential exposure to infectious diseases and bodily fluids. Will experience heat and noise from the kitchen when working on patient tray line. Will experience wet floors and exposure to hot steam, water, chemicals, glass breakage and sharp knives when in food production areas. May experience noise in crowded work conditions, in patient rooms, and nursing stations.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.