LPN Job In Rolla, Missouri
Clinic LPNNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- The Office LPN assists the physician or mid-level provider by providing assessment, treatment, testing, and education for the patients of the practice. Must be well organized, high level of professionalism, customer service skills, detail oriented, able to multitask efficiently, and perform in a fast paced work environment.
- Administers medications (oral, IM, and SC) as ordered.
- Assists with examination as requested within scope of license.
- Documents chief complaint/visit reason and details according to provider preference.
- Escorts patients to exam room and obtains patient height, weight, and a full set of vital signs accurately.
- Initiates, reviews, and updates patient's medication and summary list according to provider preference.
- Performs point of care lab testing and obtains blood samples and other specimens for lab testing as ordered.
- Informs and sets up patients and/or guardian for the patient portal at the time of service and informs and educates patients regarding the benefits of signing up for the patient portal.
- Provides patient teaching and supportive services as needed.
- Provides treatments as ordered.
- Schedules diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, obtaining precertification and authorization as required by payers and ordered by provider.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, is a team player, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program and approved IV therapy course.
- Nursing or other health care experience preferred but not required.
- Current LPN license in the state of Missouri required. American Heart Association Basic Life Support required.
- Considerable mental concentration required. Lifting up to 35 lbs., turning activities and nearly constant walking required. Standing, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching.
- Frequent exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons at times. Frequent exposure to communicable disease via blood and other body fluids. Minimal physical discomfort.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.