General Patient Care Job In Rolla, Missouri
TechretaryNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
The Techretary provides both direct and indirect patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Follows established hospital policy regarding patient safety measures such as infection prevention, safe patient handling and movement, notification of the licensed nurse when patient condition changes to insure that patient care is provided in an optimally safe environment. Maintains an organized work area. Responds to telemetry alarms immediately, taking appropriate actions.
2. Performs Scope Tech/clerical duties to support unit functioning. Filing, printing, copying, enters charges, maintains printers and fax machines, copies charts, call physician consults, and orders supplies. Assigns patient rooms based on admitting data and Nursing Shift Manager acuity information. Maintains unit specific log books. Assures all chart forms are labeled with patient identification stickers to prepare for scanning. Disassembles medical record upon discharge. Makes sure all monitors are returned after transfer/discharge of patients. Also provides limited patient care duties under the supervision of a licensed nurse such as, but not limited to: vital signs, glucometer checks and feeding. All actions are performed within the guidelines established in hospital policy and procedure. These actions will support quality outcomes and patient safety.
3. Works collaboratively with nursing staff to care for the needs of each patient and quickly respond to patient requests to insure patient safety and enhance the patient’s experience. Reviews, edits and conveys all orders and messages through Meditech. Keeps Quality logs up-to-date. Communicates frequently with Shift Manager regarding all functions of the unit.
4. Communicates to appropriate team member’s pertinent patient information in order to improve patient outcomes and quality care. Answers the phone promptly using customer service skills. Communicates to appropriate team members and collaborates with ancillary departments to schedule tests/procedures. Communicates stat/now orders to appropriate team members. Assigns phone to staff members and keeps continually updated list in computer.
5. Adapts to change in a positive and professional manner in an attempt to support the hospital mission, vision, and values. Follows all hospital policies in regards to appearance, behavior, and attendance.
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
One year of patient care experience.
BLS through the American Heart Association required.
Basic Arrhythmia Class required.
Accucheck training required.
CNA certification preferred.
Constant mental concentration required to complete duties. Accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail required. Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, turning, carrying, stooping, twisting, and reaching. Lifting up to 35 lbs.
Stressful, intense work environment. Potential exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons. Minimal physical discomfort. Frequent auditory distractions.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.