Medical Assistant Job In Rolla, Missouri
Medical AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- The Medical Assistant functions within his/her skill set in providing patient care as delegated by the clinic LPN/RN. Must be well organized, high level of professionalism, customer service skills, detail oriented, able to multitask efficiently, and perform in a fast-paced work environment.
- Provides direct interaction to patients in the clinic including escorting patients to rooms, obtaining vital signs, EKG’s, verification of medications, allergies, past medical/surgical/family history and chief complaint/visit reason according to provider preference, documenting accurate information in the patient chart in a timely manner.
- Routes phone messages, patient questions, and telephone communications to appropriate personnel.
- Acts as a general liaison between doctor and patient calling patients with normal/abnormal test results, answering questions and assisting physician with return calls.
- Assists with renewal and authorization of medications, administers medications (oral, IM and SQ) as ordered.
- Obtains blood samples and other specimens for testing as ordered.
- Schedules appointments, surgeries, diagnostic procedures, and admissions as ordered by the provider. Completes necessary paperwork, prior authorization, referrals and documentation.
- Monitors supply inventory, assuring adequate supplies, cleans and stocks exam areas.
- Informs and sets up patients and/or guardian for the patient portal at the time of service and informs and educates patients regarding the benefits of signing up for the patient portal.
- Assists in orientating and training new medical assistants.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, works as a team and assists all team members, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Specialist program required or equivalent amount of working experience as a Medical Assistant or Registered/Certified as a Medical Assistant.
- One year Medical Assistant or other medical specialist experience preferred but not required. Medical Clinic experience preferred.
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) or a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) through an approved accrediting organization, such as the American Medical Technologist (AMT) preferred. American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification required.
- Considerable mental concentration required. Lifting up to 35 lbs., turning activities and nearly constant walking required. Standing, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching.
- Frequent exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons at times. Frequent exposure to communicable disease via blood and other body fluids. Minimal physical discomfort.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.