Radiologic Technologist Job In Omaha, Nebraska
MRI Technologist Assistant (Part-Time Evenings) - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)
This job was posted 1 day ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as an MRI Technologist Assistant, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will do a variety of tasks involved in the performance of MRI scans.
Schedule: Part-Time, 26 hours a week, Monday-Friday 5:00 PM-9:00 PM, Sunday 12:00 PM-6:00 PM,
- Adheres to MRI safety standards and requirements.
- Escorts patients to and from the MRI suite and prepares patient for the MRI scan.
- Assists with initial MRI safety screening of patients and visitors. Responsible for relaying patient medical history and contraindications for scan to MRI Technologist before patient enters.
- Assists MRI Technologist to position, transfer and properly immobilize patients as required.
- Assists MRI Technologist with room preparation and MRI table set-up.
- Assists MRI Technologist with preparation and administration of contrast.
- Assists with cleaning and turning over the MRI room before and after use.
- Acts as liaison between check-in, scheduling and registration and the MRI department.
- Creates CD copies at MRI Technologist request and delivers to the patient.
- Assists in MRI schedule prep and other clerical tasks for the following days’ work.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of one year of experience in a healthcare environment preferred
- CNA certification preferred
- Pediatric experience preferred
- BLS certification required
- Strong communication skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft systems
- Experience with medical records preferred.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: July 20th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.