Patient Admission and Registration Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Patient Access Specialist - Rheumatology Specialty Clinic - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
$1,000 HIRING BONUS!
Job Summary: In a career as a Patient Access Specialist, in this role, you will be responsible for serving as a patient advocate and resource through the scheduling, pre-registration, registration, admitting/discharge and authorization process. Expectations include greeting and checking in families, as well as other customers in a professional manner while working to exceed customer service expectations.
Schedule: Monday to Friday. 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Full Time. Location: Boys Town National Research Hospital; Rheumatology Specialty Clinic
- Provides excellent customer service to any individuals presenting for clinic care, surgery, admissions or in need of direction by being able to assist any who present to their Access location with their admitting, registration/check-in, collections or other needs as identified.
- Maintains excellent communication and positive rapport with all points of contact which include internal and external entities, documenting pertinent discussions and details of correspondence in all applicable systems to provide tracking and point of reference.
- Responsible for obtaining and communicating accurate benefit information and eligibility, pre-determination/pre-authorization as well as detailed benefit and patient liabilities per insurance company requirements and established time frames, i.e., online vs. telephone to ensure credible coverage and benefits are in place.
- Follows established protocols and procedures for verification and collection of pertinent demographics.
- Communicates with Medical Unit Manager or Director to determine bed assignment and resource availability at time of admission if not performed in advance of patient presentation.
- Communicates arrival of surgical patients following registration or admission providing transport assistance as needed to pertinent care unit.
- Communicates to Utilization Review RN admissions to the medical unit or status changes following patient admission, benefit validation, consent and transport to unit.
- Assists with discharging patients from Surgical and/or Medical Unit as appropriate in dedicated practice management system(s).
- Assists with coordinating of patient appointments within the hospital as well as among outside families when identified.
- Monitors patient care waiting areas being situationally aware of setting to ensure a clean, safe and comfortable environment for anyone presenting to BTNRH.
- Processes incoming calls both internal and externally to aid in services which may include but are not limited to: scheduling, pre-registration, processing nurse call information, pharmacy refills and referral requests, physician and/or staff paging needs, financial counseling queries, admission/discharge notifications as well as vetting special requests and questions as needed.
- Assists in coordinating and scheduling interpretive services as identified needed.
- Responsible for opening and closing of clinic/admission locations ensuring security systems are utilized as directed.
- Responsible for preparing daily bank deposits at appropriate intervals, carefully following payment and cash controls as directed.
- Communicates in a positive and professional manner with the patient / guarantor on any scheduling, registration, authorization or financial issues, including assisting with Financial Assistance application or referrals, obtaining legal guardianship documentation and consent, accepting of required down payments and setting up acceptable payment plan agreements.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to apply knowledge of electronic medical records, charts and medical terminology.
- Knowledge of insurance terms, reimbursement procedures, rates and policies related to medical terminology.
- Ability to maintain petty cash funds, make change and process credit cards.
- Ability to give attention to detail and follow established standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of Explanation of Benefits (EOB), CPT, HCPC and Diagnosis Codes.
- Must have excellent verbal/ written communication skills to communicate effectively with physicians, clinicians, patients and families.
- Knowledge of telephone etiquette required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at a time.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of three years of experience working in a clinic and/or hospital setting, preferably focused on registration, preferred.
- Knowledge of medical and insurance terminology.
- Must be detail oriented
- Knowledge of Explanation of Benefits (EOB), preferred,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference. Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: July 15, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.