Information Technology Job In Rolla, Missouri
Director of ApplicationsNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- This position works closely with the Executive Director of Epic and IT to oversee execution of application development, optimization and service delivery to ensure key business priorities and strategic initiatives are achieved. One of the key roles of this position will be collaborating with Key Stakeholders to enhance the physician experience, improve and enhance workflows. The position also requires assisting several users and governance boards with prioritization. This position is often an innovative visionary who can apply their previous implementation and optimization experience to lead Phelps Health into the digital future of healthcare promoting interoperability throughout the organization.
- Plan, organize, facilitate, and lead meetings, workgroups, and governance meetings as well as oversee and execute follow-up activities.
- Ensure the software development team accounts for all defined requirements in coordination with quality team and that all quality standards comply with internal policies and industry standards.
- Develop and execute project presentations.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Lead the training, development, and implementation of process improvements for all projects and applications.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, provide analysis, propose change, and communicate strategies.
- Provide supervision and direction to appropriate project team members.
- Ensure the team is fully staffed with all appropriate analysts, consultants, and other appropriate project team members as needed to support business and clinical operation of the EMR.
- Lead, coordinate, and ensure on-time success of quarterly upgrades including build, testing, training and installation.
- Provide on-call support for escalated issues.
- Ensure departmental and organizational goals are met.
- Develop and adhere to departmental staffing, expense, and capital budgets.
- Manage and achieve Epic programs, such as Gold Stars, Staying Current, Honor Rolls, etc., when the program has been deemed a focused goal by the Executive team.
- Partner with the Executive Director of Epic and IT to evaluate new Epic functionality or services that will provide opportunities for solutions or new applications necessary to deliver increased value to the business and accomplish organizational goals, objectives and strategic plan.
- Implement, campion and enforce change control processes.
- identify risks and develop mitigation strategies relative to resource and timeline impacts to meet project goals.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related field, or a clinical field required. Master's degree in computers science, a related field, or a clinical field desired.
- Full life-cycle Electronic Medical Record (EMR) implementation experience preferred. Five or more years of leadership/management experience required. Three to five years of healthcare IT experience required. System optimization experience required. Epic gold star experience preferred. Strong mentoring focus, Project Management experience preferred. Very strong communication skills required.
- Standard office conditions; well lighted, climate controlled area. Constant noise from fans and printers for extended periods. Will spend a great deal of time using computers with possible visual or muscular discomfort. Potential exposure to infectious diseases.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.