General Patient Care Job In Rolla, Missouri
Respiratory TechnicianNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- The Respiratory Technician performs duties as assigned as well as follows hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Demonstrates behavior which exemplifies professional conduct and teamwork.
- Performs department equipment processing and stock disbursement by maintaining department equipment in operating order and checks on and stocks medical supplies, medical gases, and office supplies in appropriate locations.
- Performs equipment disinfection as directed by policy.
- Performs equipment function checks after equipment is cleaned and set up, including proper documentation of the function checks.
- Participates with the respiratory therapist in oxygen rounds and maintaining medical gas tanks throughout hospital.
- Conducts EKG, Holter Monitor, and Event Monitor testing satisfactorily according to policy and procedure guidelines.
- High School graduate or equivalent required. Enrollment in Respiratory program preferred.
- Experience in Respiratory Therapy or a related healthcare field preferred but not required.
- Required to have and maintain American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Advanced certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP, STABLE) preferred.
- Considerable mental concentration required for long periods of time. Requires standing, walking, and lifting up to 35 lbs..
- Constant exposure to infectious materials and other hazardous conditions.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.