Information Technology Job In Rolla, Missouri
Project ManagerNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- The Project Manager provides project coordination, planning, scheduling, communication, and other strategic functions related to projects within Health Informatics and external departments. The Project Manager helps to identify and communicate with project stakeholders, identify project risks and obstacles, coordinate with vendors, and perform other activities and duties as necessary to complete projects on time and on budget. The work is accomplished in a team environment and requires excellent management and communication skills with a high level of professionalism.
- Assists in the creation, and execution of project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements in collaboration with clients. This includes determining and applying appropriate project management best practices.
- Determines and identifies project resources to ensure timely, on budget delivery and expected technical and functional results are delivered as agreed upon. This encompasses managing day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope to meet deadlines and make sure the project schedule is on track.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on projects by ensuring the project is on schedule, and operates under deadlines. This includes preparing for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures by having regularly scheduled meetings.
- Demonstrates solid interpersonal, customer service and problem solving skills when working on projects with clients across the organization. This would include, but not be limited to coordinating project implementations, working with vendors and clients to assess project direction options and project change control.
- The Project Manager, communicates and discusses project information, tracks priorities, organizes and coordinates a variety of multiple tasks, prioritizing and managing time effectively, meets and establishes time schedules, and works cohesively with Manager of PMO and all levels of organization personnel and physicians. Presents conflicts in priorities to the Manager of PMO for resolution in a timely manner.
- Acquires a working knowledge of Phelps Health project management practices along with acquired working knowledge of departments utilizing PMO services. Consults with departments on the most efficient project implementation strategies. This also includes performing project management analysis of current and new projects presented to the PMO, and Health Informatics.
- Adheres to standards of behavior, policies, and procedures defined in Phelps Health manuals. Complies with regulatory agency standards and Phelps Health quality assurance standards in providing project management support. Participates in process improvement initiatives as directed.
- Supports ongoing efforts to preserve accuracy and integrity of project information. This includes ensuring project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately for timely retrieval and communication.
- Responsible for regularly scheduling meetings and acting as facilitator to provide working knowledge of how proposed changes would affect current processes and to the extent the project relates to Phelps Health departments, to effectively communicate change management.
- Reviews final project deliverables for accuracy and completeness prepared by project team before passing to client.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Business Administration or a related field from regionally accredited college or university or High School Diploma with relevant years of experience in project management required.
- Three years of experience in project management, two years of experience in health care. The Project Manager must have strong experience in Microsoft Office tools for written communication (Word), analysis (Excel), and presentations (PowerPoint). The Project Manager must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and will be adept at presenting to and working with teams and individuals at all levels in the organization.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- CAPM or PMP certification is preferred.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and to generate technical reports and documents. May occasionally be expected to work unusual hours while resolving project management issues. Standing, walking, and sitting are required. Moderate lifting 15lbs required.
- Cubicle environment with lots of noise and distractions. Will spend a great deal of time using CRTs with possible visual or muscular discomfort.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.