Billing and Insurance Specialist Job In Rolla, Missouri
Benefit SpecialistNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- Under the general direction of the Sr. Benefit Specialist, the Benefits Specialist is responsible for assisting with administering, monitoring, and implementing health and wellness benefit programs to include medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and voluntary insurance products. Assists with monthly benefit billing and other benefit related duties as required.
- Assists with implementing new benefit products, platforms, and initiatives.
- Assist with administering, monitoring, and coordinating the planning of employee health and wellness benefit programs. Monitors existing benefit plans to determine if changes are needed to make recommendations.
- Responsible for monthly billing and reconciliation of all benefit plans.
- Assists in developing and coordinating ongoing benefit communication materials by generating/distributing benefit information, coordinating educational meetings, and answering inquiries from employees in a prompt and timely manner.
- Assists with open enrollment process ensuring all changes, plan revisions, and new products are communicated effectively and timely.
- Works on special projects either individually or as part of the Human Resources team to improve processes or implement new programs.
- High School Diploma with relevant experience required.
- Experience in employee benefits administration preferred. Experience in record keeping preferred. Microsoft office experience required.
- Normal mental concentration with frequent periods of intense concentration due to deadlines and sensitive situation. Frequent interruptions. Must possess the ability to transport self throughout the facility. Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds.
- Standard office conditions with frequent interruptions. Must be able to handle stressful situations and multiple tasks simultaneously.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.