Patient Admission and Registration Job In Rolla, Missouri
Patient Services Representative
This job was posted 5 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
The DDCI Patient Service Representative is responsible for patient flow in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Greets patients warmly and respectfully. Verifies insurance coverage and collects co-payments at time of service.
2. Registers patients by obtaining complete demographic and insurance information and enters information into the system accurately.
3. Answers telephone promptly and direct calls appropriately. Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
4. Schedules appointments/meetings/luncheons, scans and checks in patients in computer system, gathers records/films at needed for consult/follow up
5. Acquires information needed for authorization team/keeping track when documents expire.
6. Manages the release of departmental medical records within HIPAA guidelines.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Preference for graduate of an accredited medical receptionist or similar program, or two years in a health care setting will be considered.
Minimum Work Experience
Two years medical clerical experience in an office setting with word processing/personal computing skills required. Medical insurance and billing experience preferred.
Close mental and visual attention required for sustained periods of time. Frequently works under stressful conditions due to demands of customers. Must be able to transport self throughout facility. Standing, walking, sitting, carrying/lifting (up to 10 lbs.), turning, carrying, pushing, pulling and stooping.
May be exposed to patients with infectious disease, disagreeable odors from patients and/or chemicals. Also exposed to noisy environment due to equipment and small, high traffic work area.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.