Radiologic Technologist Job In Rolla, Missouri
Mammography Quality Control TechnologistNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- The Mammography Quality Control Technologist provides patient care utilizing mammographic equipment, making a record of the exam performed for interpretation by the radiologist. This employee will also provide general oversight for the facility’s MQSA activities.
- Demonstrates schedule flexibility, punctuality and availability, and works well under pressure.
- Communicates/discusses semi complex or involved information; sets priorities; organizes and coordinates a variety of multiple tasks, prioritizing and managing time effectively; meets and establishes time schedules; and works cohesively with all levels of hospital personnel and physicians.
- Demonstrates solid interpersonal, customer and problem-solving skills.
- Handles confidential materials, complies with the corporate compliance plan. Participates in hospital performance improvement initiatives as directed.
- Keeps both patient and significant others informed of exam status. Responds to patient's request for assistance in a timely manner and follows through to meet patient's need.
- Performs mammography services utilizing mammography equipment to include operating equipment according to departmental policy and procedure.
- Interprets physician’s orders accurately.
- Demonstrates the appropriate skills and abilities based on scope of practice, level of training and/or licensure. Assesses and/or cares for patients based on age.
- Assists in the maintenance of patient and departmental records.
- Assists with the collection of data and maintenance of compliance with MQSA and ACR standards.
- Assumes responsibility of portions of the quality control and radiation safety programs.
- Maintains professional growth and education and demonstrates professional behavior.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with Joint Commission, MQSA and other regulations specific to mammographic services.
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technologist training program required.
- One year experience as a mammography technologist preferred.
- The technologist will be a registered mammography technologist, currently registered by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologist – ARRT(M).
- Close mental and visual attention required for sustained periods of time. Frequently works under stressful conditions due to demand of customers and the condition of some patients. Must be able to transport self throughout the department. Standing, walking, sitting, carrying/lifting (up to 35 lbs), turning, carrying, pushing, pulling and stooping.
- Potential exposure to infectious diseases, disagreeable odors from patients, anesthetics, disinfectants and/or chemicals. May be exposed to controlled radiation exposure. May be subject to call on a regular or as-scheduled basis.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.