Administration & Executive Job In Rolla, Missouri
Corporate Compliance Officer
This job was posted 6 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- The Corporate Compliance Officer (CCO) oversees the day-to-day operations of the compliance department and execution of the compliance program. The CCO reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organization. The position ensures the Sr. VP/Chief Legal Officer is apprised of all critical compliance issues. The CCO assists the SrVP/CLO in maintaining compliance for the Board of Trustees, administration, organizational leaders, and employees in regards to laws and regulations, company policies and procedures, and other applicable requirements.
- Ensures corporate policies are accurate, current and in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Collaborates with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the SrVP/CLO as needed to resolve difficult legal and compliance issues.
- Interprets and disseminates information on regulatory and compliance matters.
- Oversees content for education and training of compliance topics.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and Codes of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues within the organization are being appropriately evaluated and reported to the SrVP/CLO.
- Oversees third-party billing audits to ensure compliance with relevant rules and regulations.
- Manages compliance hotline process, which includes investigation, follow up, and corrective action if necessary.
- Conducts internal audits to ensure compliance with Stark, Anti-kickback, Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Waste and Abuse, and other relevant laws and regulations.
- Serves as the HIPAA Privacy Officer and provides compliance support to the medical records department.
- Collaborates with the Data Security Administrator.
- Develops and implements the compliance plan.
- Manages compliance department team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field of study preferred.
- Three to Five years healthcare compliance/regulatory experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of healthcare compliance programs in the area of developing, implementing, and managing compliance programs.
- Background in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, fraud and abuse laws, and healthcare privacy laws.
- Demonstrates ability in compliance, safety and security and policy implementation and/or auditing.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and strong communication and organizational skills.
Considerable mental concentration for sustained periods of time with attention to detail of paramount of importance. Pressures of time, accuracy, and interruptions. Must handle confidential material. Standing, walking, reaching, bending, and stooping. Vision and hearing must be good. Must have finger dexterity and complete use of hands and arms. Computer proficiency required. Must have excellent customer service skills and patience in dealing with difficult situations. Some lifting may be required up to 35 lbs.
A fast-paced office setting, meeting multiple deadlines, and the ability to set priorities. Interaction with various individuals of the department and internal/external providers. Exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons at times. Exposure to communicable disease via blood and other body fluids. Minimal physical discomfort.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.