Business Professional Job In Rolla, Missouri
This job was posted 6 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- This position provides legal advice and counsel on a range of topics within the organization, drafting and negotiating contracts, supporting transactions, assisting with analysis and mitigation of compliance issues, identifying new and emerging areas of risk, and conducting or overseeing legal research.
- Providing legal advice and services to the senior management team and affiliated corporate entities for a wide range of operational initiatives and healthcare compliance issues.
- Protecting Phelps Health in negotiations, disputes, and litigation.
- Approving and reviewing agreements to ensure compliance with applicable statutes, case law, government regulations, and policy guidelines.
- Providing legal direction for risk management, including loss prevention, occupational safety and compliance with federal and state requirements.
- Assisting Chief Legal Officer in legal research and analysis, and other duties as assigned by the Chief Legal Officer.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school. The ability to qualify for practice in Missouri is required.
- Experience in analyzing, advising, negotiating and drafting legal issues and contracts related to healthcare operations, including physician, clinical and vendor arrangements; an in-depth understanding of healthcare operations and legal issues; fair market value and physician compensation methodology analysis; fraud and abuse (Stark, Anti-Kickback and False Claims Act) compliance; corporate governance; employment law issues; healthcare transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and co-management arrangements; and non-profit tax issues.
- Strong healthcare contract negotiation and drafting skills, including in physician contracting. Solid understanding and experience working on healthcare transactions. Solid experience and understanding of the federal healthcare regulatory and enforcement environment and state equivalents. Experience and working knowledge of tax exemption requirements for non-profit healthcare providers.
- Possesses the ability to handle complex legal matters independently and to advise the company with creative solutions to problems with little or no supervision. Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to translate legal complexities into terms readily understood by management and line personnel. Demonstrates effective client and project management, managerial and leadership skills.
- Considerable mental concentration for sustained periods of time with attention to detail of paramount of importance. Pressures of time, accuracy, and interruptions. Must handle confidential materials. Standing, walking, reaching, bending, and stooping. Vision and hearing must be good. Must have finger dexterity and complete use of hands and arms. Computer proficiency required. Must have excellent customer service skills and patience in dealing with difficult situations. Some lifting may be required up to 35 lbs.
- A fast-paced setting, meeting multiple deadlines, and the ability to set priorities. Interaction with various individuals of the departments and internal/external providers. Exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons at times.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.