Information Technology Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Senior Network Engineer - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)
This job was posted 7 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
The Senior Network Engineer designs, installs, supports, performs needs analysis, and resolves issues for local, wireless, and wide area networks. This position also monitors and analyzes network and communication links and recommends appropriate equipment and software. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you further our commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities.
- Installs, configures, designs, and maintains network systems.
- Implements and maintains firewalls, proxy servers, and VOIP systems and services; analyzes firewall activity and adjusts for security, efficiency, and as needed for business strategies.
- Designs, implements, and maintains digital and analog video distribution systems, broadband, wireless, and LAN based.
- Designs, diagnoses, repairs, and maintains computer network systems, wired and wireless network equipment, networking infrastructure, computers, Internet connections, and video systems.
- Monitors, diagnoses, and controls network activity using industry standard and open source hardware and software tools.
- Maintains databases of computers, software, servers, network fiber, and copper distribution systems.
- Coordinates activities with data service providers regarding network, MPLS, and Internet access and operation.
- Interacts and advises users and management in network, operations, and computer technical issues; participates on design teams.
- Produces and maintains network and building documentation using industry standard drawing, documentation, and database tools.
- Analyzes proposed changes to network; analyzes network traffic for proper operation, bandwidth utilization, and security issues.
- Designs and implements electronic and acoustical clinical and laboratory equipment and serves and technical consultant to research laboratories.
- Builds and maintains complex real time monitoring systems to monitor critical network applications, alerts personnel in the event of failure, and performs trending and capacity analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Five to Seven years of experience including computer networking, wired, wireless, and fiber installation and verification experience; AutoCAD experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in IP internetworking, LAN switching, WAN circuits and protocols, dynamic IP routing protocols, firewalls, virtualization technologies, and interfacing with carriers to manage circuit delivery.
- Cisco CCNA certification or other Network or Security related certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of network components, circuit boards, processors, hardware, and software. Knowledge of configuring and patching switches, firewalls, and routers.
- Ability to demonstrate and describe networking fundamentals, and to provide guidance on systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Windows networking.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate results and formulate proactive solutions for problem resolution.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
September 7th, 2021
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.