Billing and Insurance Specialist Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Benefits Specialist - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
- Administers and monitors benefits insurance enrollment.
- Verifies, maintains, processes, inputs and submits Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Flex, Basic Group Life Insurance, Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Voluntary Term Life Insurance, Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), and Long-Term Disability (LTD) enrollments, terminations, status changes, and beneficiary records into Excel, Access, Banner, and vendor databases; maintains employee files in OnBase.
- Processes LTD, Life, and AD&D claims.
- Calculates, reconciles, inputs, submits, and pays monthly and annual billing statements from carriers and vendors.
- Completes and monthly computer reports and updates information as needed.
- Develops and assists with conducting orientation for new employees.
- Acts as main administrator for the Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long-Term Disability for all employees. Reviews above benefit contracts for accuracy.
- Interprets and answers complex requests and questions by mail, phone, or in person for employees, medical community or insurance company concerning insurance policies, Flexible Spending Accounts, Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Long Term Disability, or other specific benefit information.
- Ensures affordable Care Act (ACA) Compliance.
- Monitors PAFs for benefit status changes.
- Searches benefits and human resources records, employee policies, and IRS regulations to obtain information requested by employees.
- Instructs new and current employees in the Flex Plan, Retirement Plans, Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Plans, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and AD&D.
- Monitors benefit beneficiary data, dependent information, and supporting documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, related field, or equivalent.
- 2 to 5 years of office training and experience, including creating and implementing health management programs and working with health and welfare programs, insurance, accounting, data processing, and employee benefits procedures.
- Intermediate knowledge of benefits programs, procedures, and regulations.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Banner, and OnBase systems.
- Knowledge of regulations regarding Flex, HIPAA and Retirement Plans.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and able to work with high level of confidentiality.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
September 14th, 2021
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.