Receptionist and Front Office Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Service Desk Specialist - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Service Desk Specialist, you will help us in providing unparalleled care to youth and families across the nation. Information Technology at Boys Town is where innovation and technology come together to make us one of the best in class here in 'The Good Life' state. This means delivering game-changing, technology-driven business models and staying ahead of industry trends so we can excel of what we do best: saving children and healing families. No matter your role at Boys Town, you will contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
3:00pm - Midnight.
- Provides timely desktop support for the entire user community via telephone or remote.
- Senior level experience preferred.
- Able to do technical research to fix problems.
- Knowledge of Windows 10, Office 365, LAN, WAN, and remote access.
- Diagnoses and repairs hardware and software malfunctions, user access, configuration, operations, and printing issues.
- Creates a positive end-to-end customer experience and provides a single point of contact.
- Diagnoses and repairs computer malfunctions, user access, configuration, operations, and printing issues. Implements hardware and software solutions.
- Adheres to and supports organizational and departmental standards, policies, and procedures. Maintains and protects confidentiality.
- Uses network and system software tools to pinpoint the nature and source of user problems.
- Professionally communicates hardware, software, and network malfunctions to the appropriate personnel and maintains an ongoing database of service provided and system, network, and computer malfunctions.
- Works with other divisions and departments in a positive manner to resolve user or network issues.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent is preferred.
- At least 1 to 3 years of IT experience including Desktop support and multiple Windows environments.
- Available to travel and to work evenings or weekends as needed.
- Helpdesk applicable support certifications, Windows certifications, or CompTIA A+ certification preferred.
Date: September 20th, 2021
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.