Non-Clinical - Skilled Trades Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Development Event Planner - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Development Event Planner, you have the ability to create a lasting imprint for the community as a whole. By telling the Boys Town story to friends, neighbors, and community members, you are doing your part as the true advocate and “Inspirational Leader” for Boys Town, further ensuring our mission of changing the way America cares for children and families thrives.
Schedule: Full Time
The Development Event Planner coordinates event logistics at both a national and local level, enabling the Development Director to focus on fundraising for the event. This position also uses expertise and event management skills to handle the creative, electronic, and technical aspects of event planning.
- Coordinates and plans events, including layout, guest accommodations, audio-visual requirements, scripts, logistics, and customer service.
- Collaborates internally on events to understand the target audience, what makes this event unique, the look/atmosphere of the event, itemized budgets, goal for overall guest experience and the needs for pre-event, event day, and post-event.
- Creates timelines for each event, meeting internal and external deadlines.
- Manages external vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Coordinates the resources and needs from marketing, including collateral, social media coverage and expectations, website information and postings, event page, and email series.
- Coordinates Blackbaud CRM entries and online bidding platform entries, including the acknowledgement processes for attendees, sponsors, and donors to ensure they are in line with IRS standards.
- Sources and negotiates with vendors and suppliers.
- Leads promotional activities for events.
- Ensures event is completed smoothly and set up to resolve any problems that may arise.
- Analyzes event success and prepare reports with appropriate internal staff
- Attend all events.
- Ensures that projects remain on schedule and within budget parameters.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of development and event planning experience; experience facilitating multiple projects or events simultaneously is preferred.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 28, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.