Maintenance Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Manager of Maintenance - Healthcare - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as a Manager of Maintenance-Healthcare, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will direct and coordinate the Engineering & Maintenance department, to maintain buildings, grounds, and equipment for the Boys Town National Research Hospital (BTNRH), and offsite Clinics. Administer training programs in safety and fire prevention. Procure or generate all utilities and maintains their distribution system. Provide a pleasant and comfortable physical environment for patients, employees, medical staff, and visitors.
Schedule: Full-Time, 7:00 AM-3:30 PM, Monday-Friday
- Manages the activities of the facilities department at the BTNRH and offsite Clinics and ensures that maintenance of the physical structure is in accordance with standards of The Joint Commission, State, Village Regulations and the Occupational Safety and Health Act. Supervises compliance with engineering specifications.
- Serves as Hospital's representative to the Village Safety Committee. Arranges/coordinates departmental safety committee meetings and subsequent necessary documentation. Applies thorough knowledge of, adheres to, and administers safety practices involving hazardous chemicals, The Joint Commission requirements for plant, technology, and safety management and federal, state, and OSHA requirements for safety codes. Plans and administers training programs in security, infection control, fire prevention, and other employee safety procedures.
- Plans, develops and directs a preventive and corrective maintenance program to ensure efficient and uninterrupted operation of the entire physical plant and all related operation equipment within the Hospital and property owned by the Hospital.
- Responds to emergency calls for repairs. Instructs Hospital personnel on emergency maintenance procedures, such as waterline breaks and flooding and electrical shut downs. Applies thorough knowledge of, adheres to, and administers safety practices involving hazardous chemicals, The Joint Commission requirements for Plant, Technology, and Safety Management, and Federal, State, and OSHA requirements for the Hospital Safety Codes.
- Solicits bids and reviews work done by outside contractors. Makes recommendations concerning retention of the contractor. Coordinates work with the Director of Facility Healthcare.
- Prepares departmental annual budgets to include personnel, equipment, materials, and supply needs for the Maintenance Department with the assistant from other Facility Support Managers or Supervisors.
- Oversees the Maintenance departmental personnel matters for the BTNRH and offsite Clinics. Oversees the hiring of new staff, evaluates work performance, corrective action, continuing education, and training.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, associate's degree or bachelor’s degree is preferred, with special emphasis in Facilities engineering, building trades or a related area
- Minimum of three years management experience
- Previous experience in a similar role in a hospital or related field,
- Hospital certifications CLSS-HC (Certified Life Safety Specialist for Health Care), or CHFM (Certified Healthcare Facility Manager) and OSHA training preferred
- Extensive knowledge of tools, equipment, materials, practices and procedures used in maintenance work (i.e., Freon, chilled water distribution systems, natural gas distribution, electrical practices, blueprints, diagrams, etc.)
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check
- This role requires the incumbent to be "on-call" 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Must possess a highly technical aptitude to manage data, processes and compliance.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 28th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.