Receptionist and Front Office Job In Omaha, Nebraska
RTC's Lobby Receptionist - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary: In a career as a RTC Lobby Receptionist, you join us in changing the way America cares for children and families. Under the general direction of the Behavioral Health Administrative Manager, the RTC's Lobby Receptionist answers inquiries and provides information to clients, visitors, and other interested parties regarding the organization. The position also provides administrative support in a confidential nature and performs daily functions without detailed supervision.
Schedule: Part Time: Every Tuesday and Thursday 4pm – 8:30pm, every other Friday 4pm – 8:30pm and every other weekend (Saturday/Sunday) 10am – 8:30pm and some holidays. Location: Residential Treatment Center; 139 St & Pacific St.
- Cordially greets and receives visitors and guests to Boys Town Residential Treatment Center
- Answers, screens, and forwards calls; verifies approval for contact, taking messages and transferring calls. Provides limited programmatic information and directs consumers to those who can provide this information.
- Welcomes people entering the facility, verifying their identity and contact approval, determines the purpose of the visit, communicates their arrival, and directs them to specific destinations.
- Ensures security protocols are followed.
Provides Administrative Support:
- Performs administrative tasks, including typing correspondence, data entry, and filing.
- Coordinates departmental and BH Conferences and meetings (contacting restaurants for food delivery, order supplies for conferences, schedule rooms, etc.)
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of Microsoft word, Microsoft excel and other Microsoft office programs.
- Serves as a role model. Directing all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission, reflecting the values and principles of the organization.
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior.
Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High level of professionalism, customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to type accurately and proficiently at a high rate of speed. o Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and multitask while maintaining quality standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years receptionist and clerical working experience.
- Requires excellent communication skills and ability to maintain appropriate level of confidentiality.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 30, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.