Medical and Clinical Laboratory Assistant/Technician Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Medical Laboratory Assistant - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Schedule: Full-Time, 9:00 AM-5:30 PM Monday-Friday, Rotating Weekends and Holidays,
In a career as a Medical Laboratory Assistant, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will utilize knowledge of pre-analytic information/techniques to successfully perform capillary and venous blood collections. Evaluates specimen integrity and correlates test results to the clinical picture of each individual. Perform medical lab testing for patient diagnosis and treatment. Responsible for adherence to all policies and procedures relating to blood and body fluid, collection, processing, testing and storage.
- Demonstrates advanced technical skill in the collection of blood samples and acts as a resource to clinic and hospital personnel. Can evaluate and accurately process samples upon receipt.
- Operates testing instrumentation and performs testing kits, evaluating results and reporting resorts according to established policies and procedures. Communicates with physicians and other appropriate staff concerning procedures and results.
- Performs and records necessary quality control procedures.
- Stocks supplies, fills supply orders for clinics and communicates supply needs to Laboratory Director or designee.
- Acts as a departmental liaison to internal and external customers providing information related to specimen requirements, test results, and assisting with troubleshooting guidance and/or refers problems within departmental guidelines.
- Performs clerical functions to include but not limited to completion of requisitions for reference lab testing, faxing results to clinicians, performing Quality Assurance audits of accuracy of orders, and filing completed test records and other regulatory documents.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Must be BLS certified
- Must have the ability to work well with infants, children and adults
- Must maintain patient confidentiality.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital and clinic services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services, to outpatient visits, to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our board certified specialists and highly trained pediatric nurses’ focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Boys Town National Research Hospital is a license acute care hospital and psychiatric residential treatment facility and accredited by The Joint Commission. Boys Town National Research Hospital is part of Boys Town, which has been committed to the care of children for over 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our expects and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job; it is a way of life.
Date Posted: October 1st, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.