Business Professional Job In Rolla, Missouri
Business Intelligence Developer
This job was posted 5 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- The Business Intelligence Developer analyzes data, provide specifications for, and writes individual reports for assigned applications. Meets with Epic application coordinators and reports to end users to understand their reporting needs.
- Designs and documents the general functional requirements and detailed technical specifications for reports and their related databases.
- Assesses reporting needs of Phelps Health end users through investigations, analysis, and evaluation to create desired reports. Receives and documents formal requests from consumers including specifications (layout, calculations, data source, etc.) Evaluates requests for completeness, and if needed, works with end user to finalize the request.
- Creates complex operational and project-related reports including analysis, design, documentation, versioning, development, configuration, testing, implementation and ongoing support for Epic Clarity and Chronicles reports. Utilizes tools such as Reporting Workbench, Crystal Reports, and Business Objects Enterprise.
- Maintains existing reports and analyzes and evaluates requirements for new and modified reports, and databases.
- Prepares detailed specifications, technical, and user documentation from which reports, downloads, and extracts will be written. Ensures complete and accurate logical definition of data.
- Responsible for maintaining data integrity and ongoing quality control of delivered reports. Validates system build and report designs and performs audit and report findings of security and data controls.
- Provides technical direction, guidance, and assistance during project development to accomplish all required formal sign-offs.
- Investigates, resolves and performs follow-up tasks on system and related problems. Collaborates to seek resolution of system design conflicts for points of integration, and communicates risk implications to the Applications and Analytics Director.
- Implements reports and database software in an optimal manner to minimize the effect on production and development activities.
- Consults with and advises vendors and technical groups concerning the continued support of reports and databases.
- Recommends changes to established guidelines, standards, methodologies, and conventions as appropriate.
- Assists end users with quality assurance testing, and documentation of testing results through standard procedures and processes. Ensures test scenarios are adequately documented and perform testing as needed.
- Provides technical direction, guidance, and assistance during project development to accomplish all required formal sign-offs. Participates in hardware and software selection, modification, and implementation.
- Maintains related support tools, including database installation and testing programs and standards and procedures.
- Analyzes, designs, documents, develops, tests, implements, and maintains reporting user interfaces including alerts, prompts, screens, dashboards and templates.
- Prepares report management documentation to manage reports library, track project progress, and report problems in timely fashion. Provides documentation and training to transfer knowledge and operational support to the reporting BI team.
- Works within established guidelines, standards, methodologies and conventions for report writing and documentation. Recommends changes to established guidelines, standards, methodologies, and conventions as appropriate.
- Safeguards protected patient health information and organizational sensitive data from any intentional or unintentional disclosure in compliance with applicable rules and regulations, standards, and quality assurance. Adheres to policy and procedure defined in Phelps Health manuals.
- Participates in meetings with stakeholders from physicians groups, nursing, ED, OB, hospital service departments, information systems, clinic operations, management, executive leadership, and reporting. Document main points, issues and key decisions.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations.
- Displays strong written, verbal, and follow-up skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in terms clearly understood by technical and non-technical audiences. Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills by effectively working with other team members to identify and resolve problems with project workflow.
- Possesses good organizational skills. Prioritizes multiple activities and objectives in a rapidly changing environment, and delivers quality service to ensure timely project completion and timely responses to problems and change management requests. Presents conflicts in priorities to the Business Intelligence Senior Developer for resolution.
- Associates degree in a related field of study (i.e. health care, business, computer science, information systems) required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Working knowledge with Microsoft Office products, SQL querying and relational database concepts, including primary keys, foreign keys, and joins. Software development experience in Visual Basic for Applications is preferred.
- One year of working knowledge of developing Business Intelligence report writing systems, data analytics, data mining and dashboards; and reporting programs creation and maintenance within a healthcare/hospital organization. One year of working knowledge of HIS systems in either (Meditech, eCW, or EPIC) a plus.
- Certification in Epic Clarity preferred.
- Considerable mental concentration required to complete largely variable duties. Applicant must be able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with frequent interruptions. Standing, walking, and sitting are required. Light lifting (25lbs/12kg) rarely required.
- Standard office conditions which include occasional noise and distractions or partial remote work environment as defined and approved by Director and Human Resources.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.