Management Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Senior Technical Project Manager - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
In a career as a Senior Technical Project Manager you contribute to our greatest asset, our people and culture at Boys Town. The Senior Technical Project Manager provides technical project planning management, and oversight for key initiatives and complex projects, ensuring projects are aligned with organizational strategic priorities and are delivered on time, within budget, and meet or exceed stakeholder expectations. This position ensures an optimal mix of cost, schedule, performance, and system supportability throughout the project life cycle. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you further our commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities.
- Executes key strategic, technical initiative projects from inception to completion.
- Plans, executes, and finalizes projects, including acquiring resources and coordinating project team members; tracks project progress, identifies risks, and develops reports on progress, milestones, and budget.
- Will work and support a variety of projects across our business such as financial, HR, facilities, and so much more.
- Conducts initial and ongoing analysis to support project direction and monitors project efficacy, completeness, accuracy, and consistency through the project life cycle; supports the evaluation, creation, and documentation of requirements, including project plans, timelines, traceability matrices, staff, cost, and any other project aspects.
- Creates a method of change management including ownership of documentation, communication plans, and process training.
- Directs and facilitates the development of project schedule, communication plans, and requirements metrics; assists with documenting and presenting in depth project plans for executive review including analysis based on established criteria.
- Assembles project teams, assigns responsibilities, and communicates with stakeholders to establish priorities and deadlines, and to report progress; provides consultative advice to management to secure buy-in.
- Develops and maintains project implementation plans, monitors rollout and progress, and follows up to ensure deliverables were met; ensures projects are in compliance with enterprise, security, and infrastructure architectures.
- Creates sustainable project tasks, processes, and guidelines; sets project plan, schedule, and scope.
- Analyzes project data, processes, and systems to ensure projects are well defined, coordinated and managed through completion.
- Identifies project risks and works with management to build the project team based on skillsets as well as project scope and expectations.
- Manages projects to ensure alignment with strategic plans and report progress to leadership; resolves conflicts by demonstrating leadership and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of project management frameworks, processes, and methodologies (PMP, PMI, Agile, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, related field or equivalent; Master's Degree preferred.
- At least 7-8 years of experience including gradually increasing project management responsibilities.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support.
- Skills in collecting and analyzing data, forecasting timelines, identifying problems, and developing and recommending practical, applicable solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows including MS Project and SharePoint.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information to establish rapport, influence others, and gain understanding.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- Negotiation and mediation skills with an ability to mediate project situations.
- Project management and/or Agile certifications preferred (PMP).
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
October 8th, 2021
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.