RN Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Registered Nurse- PACU - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)
This job was posted 3 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Boys Town (West Omaha Clinic/Hospital)
: PRN, No On-Call, or Weekends
In a career as a PACU Registered Nurse, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will provide utilize a systematic approach to nursing practice incorporating assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Provide continuing health care and education to individuals and families to help them achieve their optimal level of health.
- In collaboration with other members of the health care team, the nurse uses the nursing process to complete the pre-operative physical, cognitive, spiritual, and psychosocial assessment of patients awaiting surgery.
- Formulates plan of care and reviews and revises plan on an ongoing basis. Able to plan and give care based on the patient's age and level of development.
- Assures appropriate information management and documentation using the nursing process in accordance with hospital OR policy; gives reports to other members of the health care team.
- In collaboration with other members of the health care team, the nurse uses the nursing process to assess patient/family understanding and response to care provided; and patient/family educational needs. The nurse redirects care as needed.
- A registered nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with a current state license, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience in an acute hospital setting; pediatric experience preferred
- Must be CPR (BLS), ACLS and PALS certified within six months of employment
- Prior working knowledge of using computer programs and electronic medical records.
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
October 12th, 2021
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.