Neurosurgery Job In Reston, Virginia
Experienced Neurosurgical PA Needed - PRN Opportunities in Reston, VirginiaNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Job Summary:We are seeking an experienced Neurosurgical PA for an immediate need in Reston, VA. Weekend PRN, 6 shifts / month available, Saturday or Sunday - daytime hours.
- Deliver care to neurosurgical patients pre-operatively and post-operatively
- Serve as a liaison between the physician, the patient and their families
- Work in collaboration with physician to assess patient needs
- Order, interpret, and record results of clinical tests and report results to physicians
- Prescribe medications and make recommendations for other therapeutic forms of treatment in conjunction with the treating physician
- Ensure that patient outcome is achieved within a safe time frame while delivering quality patient care
- Qualified candidates will be a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program
- Must possess current Licensure as a Physician Assistant in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Advance Care Life Support (ACLS)
- 2 years of Physician Assistant experience required with a specialty focus or experience in Neuroscience
- 3-5 years total as a PA providing or supervising patient care
Incentive / benefits package:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Flexible work schedule
About the facility:
- Reston Hospital Center is home to the most comprehensive robotic surgery program in the Mid-Atlantic region, offering a full range of medical services and 24-hour emergency care including pediatrics and Level II Trauma
- We specialize in maternal/child health, inpatient and outpatient surgical services, urological services including lithotripsy, cancer care with state-of-the-art radiation therapy, rehabilitation therapy programs, and a wide array of diagnostic imaging capabilities
- RHC is an accredited medical/surgical hospital that has served the residents of growing western Fairfax and eastern Loudoun counties since 1986
Reston is in Fairfax County, Virginia, within the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. The population was 58,404, at the 2010 Census. An internationally knownplanned community founded in 1964, it was built with the goal of revolutionizing post-World War II concepts of land use and residential/corporate development in suburban America.
The Reston Town Center is home to many businesses, with high-rise and low-rise commercial buildings that are home to shops, restaurants, offices, a cinema, and a hotel. It comprises over 1,000,000 square feet of office space.
Looking for a challenging and exciting opportunity? Make a new start at Reston Hospital Center! We are a busy 187-bed, full-service medical/surgical hospital with 24-hour emergency care. Located in the progressive community of Reston, Virginia, the hospital features all-private rooms to serve the healthcare needs of communities within western Fairfax and eastern Loudoun counties. Reston Hospital Center opened in 1986, and is an affiliate of HCA.