Psychologist Job In Plano, Texas
Clinical Health Psychologist Opportunity in Plano, TexasNext Steps... Apply Now
Job Summary:The Texas Back Institute is seeking a clinical psychologist to join a private practice as a part of their multidisciplinary treatment team in Plano, Texas.
- Doctoral degree in clinical psychology or related field
- Texas psychology license, or license eligible
- Minimum 3 years of experience in health psychology or related field
- Board certification from American Board of Professional Psychology preferred
- Ideal candidate will perform pre surgical evaluation of patients being considered for spine surgery and spinal cord stimulation including: review of medical records, diagnostic interview, psychometric testing, and report generation.
- Evaluation of patients being considered for opioid therapy as well as general psychological evaluation
- Short-term psychotherapy to support medical/surgical treatment
- Interact with surgeons and other team members to provide feedback and develop treatment plans
- Complete billing for each patient contact and respond to requests for pre-authorization peer reviews
- Conduct collaborative research on psychological factors impacting spine patients.
- Presentation of research to professional societies
- Meet on regular basis with CEO of Texas Back Institute to review activities and finance
- Employed position with comprehensive benefits package
- Competitive salary
- Partner with a busy and well-known practice
About Texas Back Institute:
- High level multi-disciplinary, academic spine center
- Integrating the best of science and education with the best business practices
- “Surgery as a Last Option” as the care philosophy
- A robust team of 28 orthopedic and neurosurgeons, as well as fellows
- 16 locations in North Texas
Plano is located mostly within Collin County. The city's population was 269,776 at the 2010 census, making it the ninth most populous city in the state of Texas and the 70th most populous city in the United States. Plano is located within the metropolitan area commonly referred to as the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex. The city is home to many corporate headquarters: Alliance Data, Cinemark Theatres, Dell Services, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Ericsson, Frito-Lay, HP Enterprise Services, Huawei, J. C. Penney, Pizza Hut, Rent-A-Center, Traxxas, and Siemens PLM Software.
In 2005, 2006, and 2011, Plano was designated the best place to live in the Western United States by CNN Money magazine. In 2006, Plano was selected as the 11th best place to live in the United States by CNN Money magazine. It was also nominated as the safest city in America in 2011 by Forbes. Plano schools consistently score among the highest in the nation. It has been rated as the wealthiest city in the United States by CNN Money with a poverty rate of less than 6.4%. In 2008, Forbes.com selected Plano, University Park, and Highland Park as the three "Top Suburbs To Live Well" of Dallas. The United States Census Bureau declared Plano the wealthiest city of 2008 by comparing the median household income for all U.S. cities whose populations were greater than 250,000. The annual Plano Balloon Festival and the Plano International Festival are two of the city's premiere cultural and entertainment events. In October 2010, Forbes magazine named Plano the safest city to live in America with a population greater than 250,000.
Medical City Healthcare is one of the region's largest, most comprehensive health care providers in the Dallas- Ft. Worth area and is comprised of 14 North Texas Hospitals, 11 Ambulatory Surgery Centers, 30 CareNow Urgent Care Centers, 7 Off Campus Emergency Rooms, 6 Pediatric Urgent Care Centers, 4,400+ Physicians, and 17,000+ Employees. Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.