Physician Assistant Job In Nashville, Tennessee
Physician Assistant Opportunity in Nashville, TNNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Critical Care Cardiology
Job Summary:TriStar Centennial Medical Center is seeking a cardiac critical care physician assistant for their expanding, dedicated cardiovascular ICU in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Must be a certified physician assistant
- Tennessee licensure or ability to obtain
- Two years’ experience in cardiology and/or other critical care as a physician assistant
- Must be highly motivated with a desire to work in an autonomous CICU environment
- Collaborate with top cardiac critical care providers providing care to critically ill patients
- Desire to train if not already proficient in critical care procedures
- Full time position with 13 shifts per month
- Block rotating schedule of 12-hour shifts
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including paid malpractice, 401k, stock purchase plan, etc
- CME and dues allowance
- 741-bed comprehensive facility offering programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder and women’s services
- 43-acre campus, home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, TriStar Centennial Women’s Hospital, The Children’s Hospital at TriStar Centennial, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at TriStar Centennial Medical Center, TriStar Centennial Advanced Joint Replacement Institute and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion
- 32,500 + annual patient admissions, 87,500+ annual ER visits, 3,100+ staff, and over 1,000+ physicians
- 24/7 APP coverage of 24-bed CICU unit
Middle Tennessee is well known for beautiful scenery, communities rich in history, a mild four-season climate and outstanding entertainment. Nashville, the capitol of Tennessee, is a thriving metropolitan city with a population of approximately 600,000 (1.6 million SSA) offering a superior lifestyle and one of the best medical communities in the country - and NO State Personal Income Tax.
Nashville is repeatedly recognized as one of the country’s top cities for business and future growth. In 2011, Forbe's magazine rated Nashville #3 as America's Next Big Boom Towns and Kiplinger's magazine rated Nashville as their #3 "Best Value City", based on vibrant economy, reasonable living costs, and great amentities. Previously Modern Physician Magazine listed Nashville as 7th on "The List" of the top 75 places to run a medical practice in the country. Population, malpractice premiums, Medicare reimbursement, labor costs, state income tax (TN has none) and education attainment were criteria used in the ranking. In 2011, Nashville was given a Top 5 ranking by Travel & Leisure for its "Affordable Getaways" and "Friendliest City" categories.
Long noted as the “Athens of the South” for its sixteen institutions of higher learning it also provides outstanding Private/Parochial options with strong Public Schools and an expanded Library system. While the city is perhaps best known as “Music City” for its Country music beginnings, it has matured to offer wide-ranging venues from Jazz/Blues to the new Schermerhorn Symphony Center. The city’s beautiful tree-lined streets, excellent park system, two local lakes, Sports complexes.
TriStar Centennial Medical Center is located in the heart of Nashville (founding city and location of HCA’s Corporate Headquarters).
Celebrating 44 years of providing quality healthcare to Nashville, Middle Tennessee and the surrounding region, TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 657-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopaedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women’s services.
As the flagship hospital of HCA and the TriStar Health System, Centennial continues to raise the bar for healthcare on both a regional and national level, serving Nashville, middle Tennessee and the southeastern United States.
An affiliate of TriStar Health, TriStar Centennial Medical Center is home to TriStar Sarah Cannon Cancer Center at TriStar Centennial, TriStar Centennial Women’s & Children’s, TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center as well as TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion, one of the oldest and largest full-service psychiatric facilities in the region. Round-the-clock care is also available at TriStar Ashland City Medical Center, a critical access hospital in nearby Cheatham County. The new TriStar Emergency Room at Spring Hill will provide 24-hour emergency care for nearby Spring Hill, Tenn., and surrounding communities when it opens in 2013.