Billing and Insurance Specialist Job In Rolla, Missouri
Epic Analyst (Resolute Hospital Billing)Next Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
The Epic Analyst is a full-time position on the Epic Applications Team. The position has responsibility for the implementation and support of the Epic Electronic Health Record (EHR) system and designated third party application systems. The Epic Analyst performs work in a team environment and requires excellent problem solving and communication skills with a high level of professionalism.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze workflows and understand business requirements to recommend suggested system configuration with one or more applications.
- Analyze and present new functionality to operations.
- Execute the system configurations based on the operational decisions while following change control processes to enable the EHR and designated third party application systems to function as intended.
- Work collaboratively with the Epic Security Analyst to ensure staff have the appropriate access and security to perform their job duties.
- Collaborate closely with Information Technologies for installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of compatible devices to support the EHR and designated third party application systems.
- Research and resolve problems and questions from staff and identified reportable issues.
- Provide daily and on-call support and maintenance of the EHR and designated third party application systems.
- Facilitate collaboration with key stakeholders to assist in the improving and maintaining efficient workflows.
- Create and perform testing for all system configurations including upgrades.
- Meet target deadlines.
- Use available resources to enhance knowledge and expertise.
- Fulfill additional integrated roles as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Mathematics, Healthcare Informatics or Computer Science preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to reach a goal including the ability to develop an action plan and adhere to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to gather information from multiple sources, analyze applicability and appropriateness, and develop an efficient workflow.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, and change management skills to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets, use data to draw conclusions, assess performance metrics and/or write reports including the use of data visualization and manipulation tools such as Excel, SQL, Tableau, etc. preferred.
- Work experience within information technology or an applicable area of healthcare preferred.
- Experience with EMR support, training, build, or configuration preferred.
- Certifications in one or more Epic applications preferred. Upon hire, must obtain Epic certifications within 3 months.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and to generate technical reports and documents. May occasionally be expected to work unusual hours while resolving technical issues. Standing, walking, and sitting are required. Moderate lifting (10lbs) required.
- Standard office conditions; well lighted, climate controlled area. Constant noise from fans and printers for extended periods. Will spend a great deal of time using computers with possible visual or muscular discomfort. Potential exposure to infectious diseases. Regularly scheduled after-hours support for upgrades, special updates and downtime. Participate in regularly scheduled on call.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.