Non-Clinical Entry Level Job In Oviedo, Florida
Family Teaching Partners - (Oviedo, Florida, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now
$5,000 Hiring Bonus
Business: Boys Town
In a career as Family-Teaching Partners, part of giving youth a second chance is exposing them to new experiences. Youth come to the Boys Town Family Home Program for a variety of reasons – family issues, abuse, neglect, abandonment, involvement in the juvenile justice system. You come in by presenting them with opportunities in education and school involvement, giving them their first happy Thanksgiving or teaching them how faith can help them heal. We strive to give Boys Town Kids the fulfilling lives they deserve.
Schedule: Live in, 24x7 position
- Live on-site in a Boys Town Family Home and provide direct care for 6-8 at-risk youth through creating a safe and loving family-style living environment
- Provide emotional support utilizing praise, positive feedback, affection and empathy to build one’s self-confidence and respect
- Use rational problem-solving techniques to teach youth critical thinking skills, assist with behavioral problems, counsel through personal issues and provide crisis intervention
- Plan, participate and provide opportunities for individual and family activities that are both educational and entertaining
- Display and teach parenting, family and relationship skills to youth, legal guardians and caretakers to create family engagement
- Maintain contact with both internal and external consumers agencies to obtain or provide information regarding youth’s behaviors, strategies and progress
- Prepare written records for household budgeting, tracking youth progress, reporting incidents/behaviors and document youth medical needs and appointments
- Teach and role model Boys Town values and ethical behaviors, as well as support and encourage participation in regular religious activities
- Supervise the activities of assigned Assistant Family-Teacher to aid in their development and success
- Manage the daily operating schedule of the home; assist with youth transportation needs, and overall household upkeep
Benefits & Perks:
- Minimum annual starting salary of $100,000 per couple
- Fully-paid living expenses, which include rent, utilities, and a monthly household budget
- Benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance; a 401K retirement plan; paid vacation and sick leave
- Supporting youth with new traditions such as sport events, family dinner, graduation, volunteering in the community and visiting Lake Okoboji
- Opportunities to earn college credit while working
- Relocation assistance
- Company vehicle
- Be at least 21 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent is required, some college credit is preferred
- Must possess a valid marriage certificate
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and ability to pass MVR Check
- Flexibility and willingness to work a wide array of hours, which includes days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to pass a thorough background check and reference verification procedure in order to determine one’s fitness to satisfactorily and safely care for youth
- Ability to attend a 2-week paid training in Omaha, Nebraska
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: November 11, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.