Hospitalist Job In Largo, Maryland
Nurse Practitioner – HospitalistNext Steps... Apply Now
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
University of Maryland Capital Region (formerly Prince Georges Hospital Center) is a brand new community-based teaching facility serving the citizens of Prince George’s County and the surrounding area. Its mission is to provide high-quality, accessible healthcare services in partnership with the community.
- 210-bed, community-based, teaching hospital
- Team of 8 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Codes are ran by critical care team (no code requirement for hospitalists)
- Closed ICU; Procedure experience not required
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Maryland; Acute care certified or family medicine with hospitalist experience
- Minimum of 1 year of acute care experience required
Location & Lifestyle
The scenic community of Largo is located in central Maryland and is just a few miles outside of Washington D.C. Its close proximity to Washington D.C., Baltimore, Annapolis, and Alexandria, VA gives its residents an array of arts and entertainment, sporting events as well as outdoor activities.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.