LPN Job In Rolla, Missouri
LPN/RNNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
Exciting Opportunity for LPN's wanting to grow in the Acute Care Nursing field! Please inquire!
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Registered Nurse provides direct patient care to patients using the nursing process, demonstrating clinical competence relevant to the area of nursing practice, and adhering to the ANA Code of Ethics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Follows established hospital policy regarding patient safety measures such as infection prevention, safe patient handling and movement, critical lab notification, etc. to insure that patient care is provided in an optimally safe environment.
2. Provides quality nursing care including administration of medications, nursing intervention, and patient and family teaching. All actions are performed within the guidelines established in hospital policy and procedure, and the Practical Nurse Scope of Practice. These actions will support quality outcomes and patient safety.
3. Performs ongoing assessments in all aspects of patient care to monitor patient status, improve quality, enhance patient safety, and to provide accurate information to health care team members. Works collaboratively with the supervising RN or Shift manager to insure all patient needs are met and that he/she is practicing within the Practical Nurse Scope of Practice.
4. Documents accurately and efficiently all patient care activities and required quality monitoring items to support the achievement of compliance with established quality measures (i.e. Core measures).
5. Communicates to physicians and appropriate team members pertinent patient information in order to improve patient outcomes and quality care. Communicates to patient and family members in a manner that enhances the patient experience and promotes learning to support health care outcomes.
6. Delegates appropriately to team members while maintaining an atmosphere fostering team work and accountability. Demonstrates understanding of the dynamics of health care, adapting to change in a positive and professional manner in an attempt to support the hospital mission, vision, and values. Incorporates critical thinking into his/her nursing practice and attempts to develop skills and abilities through continued education and various educational opportunities.
Graduate from an accredited practical school of nursing required. Enrollment in RN Bridge Program upon hire or within 6 months from date of hire. Graduate of an accredited nursing school preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
One year acute care nursing experience preferred.
Current LPN license in the State of Missouri required
Current RN license in the State of Missouri or Compact state preferred.
American Heart Association Basic Life Support required.
Considerable mental concentration required. Lifting up to 35 lbs., turning activities and nearly constant walking required. Standing, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching.
Frequent exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons at times. Frequent exposure to communicable disease via blood and other body fluids. Minimal physical discomfort.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.