RN Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Registered Nurse- Advance Care - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
$10,000 HIRING BONUS!
In a career as an Advance Care Registered Nurse, you will join us in providing life changing care to patients from across the region. In this role you will provide systematic approaches to nursing practice incorporating assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Provides continuing health care and education to individuals and families to help them achieve their optimal level of health.
Schedule: Nights 7pm-7am, 36hours per week, weekend, and holiday rotation
- Utilizes the nursing process to complete the admission physical, cognitive, spiritual, psychosocial, and functional patient assessment.
- Develops and implements a plan of care (including goals) that is reviewed and revised on an ongoing basis.
- Develops, reviews, and implements the discharge plan upon admission, and throughout the patient stay.
- Implements nursing care activities according to patient needs or as directed by the medical provider in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Performs point-of-care lab testing as per established policies and procedures.
- Assesses patient/family understanding, response to care provided and patient/family education needs, and redirects care as needed.
- Reports accurate, detailed hand-off communication regarding the patient's condition, care, treatment, medications, services, and any recent or anticipated changes to any of these when patient care is transferred from one healthcare team or team member to another.
- Promotes, advocates for and strives to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Complies with all applicable state and federal statutes, rules, regulations, and BTNRH policies and procedures.
- Serves on hospital committees as assigned and maintains two-way communication between Advanced Care staff and leaders and assigned committee.
- Assists with the orientation of new staff as requested by the advanced care leadership team.
- A Registered Nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with a current state license, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of critical care experience within the last five years; Pediatric Critical Care setting preferred.
- Must be CPR (BLS), ACLS, and PALS certified within six months of employment.
- Prior working knowledge of using computer programs and electronic medical records.
- Ability to respond quickly and calmly to emergencies and stressful situations.
- Ability to independently manage multiple priorities.
- Provides patient care and education according to the patient population served.
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
October 12th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.