Non-Clinical Entry Level Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Shipment Receiving Clerk - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary: In a career as a Shipment Receiving Clerk, you join us in changing the way America cares for children and families. In this role, responsible for performing the receiving of supplies as well as the coordination of distribution of inventory items for the medical campus and all affiliated hospitals and clinics.
Schedule: Full Time, Monday- Friday; 8:30am - 5:00pm. Location: Boys Town Nation Research Hospital -139th and Pacific St.
• Receives incoming stock and non-stock freight and parcel shipments.
• Accurately receives and documents all supplies delivered to the Boys Town National Research Hospital (BTNRH). Coordinates delivery of supplies obtaining appropriate documents and signatures. Accurately and timely records activities in appropriate systems.
• Receives tissue deliveries immediately and notifies designated staff to inspect, log, and store products.
• Processes incoming shipments by checking the integrity of all deliveries. Examines all products/equipment received for outside damage and accepts or rejects goods based on this examination.
• Ensures that receiving and order paperwork is accurate and preserved appropriately.
• Ensures consistent and accurate receipt and delivery of products and services to appropriate departments.
• Delivers stock and non-stock (or communicates for pick-up), supplies to appropriate departments within the hospital and clinic in collaboration with security personnel.
• Complies with all written policy and procedures.
• Adheres to policies and procedures and safeguards assets.
• Demonstrates an appropriate level of understanding, awareness, and compliance with applicable The Joint Commission (TJC), Federal, State, and agency laws, regulations, guidelines and professional standards.
• Maintains a clean, safe environment, storing all supplies in proper location, operating forklift and other necessary material handling equipment safely.
• Develops and maintains effective partnerships with internal and external customers to proactively understand customer needs.
• Participates in all safety, security and infection control programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided by the departments.
• Engages in day to day process resolution and process improvement.
• Supports deviations from normal supply processes and emergent requests.
• Maintains open communication with manager as well as hospital and clinic leaders.
• Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 1-2 years of previous shipping and receiving experience, preferred.
• Experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: November 2, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.