Sonographer Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Ultrasound Sonographer (On-Call) - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as an Ultrasound Sonographer, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks involved in the performance of diagnostic ultrasound examinations.
- Provides sonographic services in multiple environments including the Operating Room, patient rooms, exams rooms and the Radiology department.
- Provides patient care essential to ultrasound procedures.
- Evaluates sonograms for technical quality and exercises professional judgment in the performance of procedures.
- Maintains patient and radiology records.
- Performs necessary equipment calibrations and adjustments.
- Maintains and stocks supplies, provides a clean and orderly environment, using aseptic technique and infection control.
- Routes images, appropriate history and worksheet electronically to the interpreting radiologist.
- Sends images to PACS and demonstrates knowledge of basic PACS software.
- Graduate of an AMA approved, accredited program of diagnostic medical ultrasound or accredited school of Radiologic Technology or education in Radiologic Technology from an approved program of the U.S. Military,
- Current A.R.D.M.S. and a minimum of 3 years' experience preferred
- ARRT in Radiography and Nebraska Licensure, preferred
- CPR certification.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 3rd, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.