Business Professional Job In Oviedo, Florida
Development Director - (Oviedo, Florida, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Are you a natural relationship builder and leader and have a passion and drive to be a motivating force at Boys Town? Are you the individual who can actively engage the community and bring your expertise in major and mid-level giving to our organization? At Boys town, the Development Director works to achieve philanthropic fundraising goals in support of the organizational mission and formulates and implements objectives for annual, planned, and major gifts. This position also leads a team in activities to solicit and maintain funds, ensures that operations meet programmatic and budgetary objectives and goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Plans and implements strategies for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and closing principal gifts and fundraising.
- Meets prospective donors to qualify and to promote interest in providing major philanthropic support for organizational programs and priorities.
- Develops case statement and gift strategies in collaboration with senior management to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts by developing and maintaining relationships with individuals, corporations, foundations, and other key personnel.
- Prepares written and verbal presentations to potential donors and coordinates approaches as defined by policies and procedures.
- Fosters innovative use of strategies around fundraising programs, establishes goals and objectives, aids in the construction of proposals, and provides recommendations.
- Actively participates in major gift solicitation. Builds strong donor relationships through cultivation and stewardship with individual, business, and foundation donors.
- Fosters a culture of “one Boys Town” and carries out Boys Town’s mission through leadership, trust, honest and open dialogues, transparency, and embracing diversity.
- Assumes responsibilities for annual plans, budgets, reports, and evaluation and oversight of gift tracking systems; prepares annual development plan to corresponding budget outlining revenue and expenses; monitors progress against goals and produces monthly reports.
- Participates in professional development organizations, committees, boards, and meetings; travels locally and out of town as necessary and provides call reports in a timely manner.
- Hires, manages, and evaluates staff.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of principles, ethics, and practices of successful fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement persuasive cultivation ideas and techniques for prospects and donors.
- Proven ability to provide critical analysis, using sound judgment with realistic expectations for prospects and donors.
- Skills in developing and implementing strategic solicitation fund-raising plans that incorporates a concise definition of goals, targeted audiences, and strategies in-line with youth care priorities.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to build and sustain successful, professional relationships.
- Ability to successfully lead a team of associates.
- Strong knowledge of Boys Town model.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or equivalent; Master's degree preferred.
- 7 to 10 years of experience including fundraising and management; experience working with the public in cultivation, gift solicitations, stewardship, donor recognition, and volunteer groups with progressive responsibilities as a development officer.
- Available to travel and to work evenings or weekends as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT USAGE:
Position requires little to moderate physical activity. Mostly sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. No significant stooping is usually required.
Work is typically in a normal office administrative environment involving minimal exposure to physical risks.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.