Nurse Practitioner Job In Cincinnati, Ohio
Behavioral Health Nurse PractitionerNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Santina Gianino: Sign in to view
Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
The Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner specializes in, person-centered care for members with chronic comorbid medical and behavioral health conditions. It focuses on providing primary health care and care management services to address the chronic medical conditions that are generally unmanaged to provide more comprehensive care with the goal of improving quality of life for these high risk members. Through comprehensive care management, the Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner applies an interdisciplinary care team approach that is member centered. The interdisciplinary care team includes the member and family/ natural supports, social work, specialty and behavioral health providers, and community resources as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide primary care services to address chronic conditions symptom management including medication management and behavioral interventions to support symptom
- Completion of comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment to identify member’s current health status, needs, barriers and problem
- Educate clients around activities of daily living, mental health, physical health, medication, coping skills and with preventing illness relapse in order to live independently and successfully in the community
- Coordination of care with member’s identified specialty and behavioral health providers
- Routine coordination of care with Buckeye’s accountable point of contact (coordination may consist of joint rounds, case conferences, telephone calls our other appropriate means of communicating pertinent member information)
- Support and education for members and their family including referrals to relevant community resources and programs
- Care Management Services that include person and family centeredness; timely, proactive planned communication and action; the promotion self-care and independence; emphasis on cross continuum and system collaboration (e.g., behavioral health); and the comprehensive consideration of physical, behavioral, and social determinants of health
- Serves as patient advocate in development of patient centered plans of care
- Collaborate with patients and families to establish goals of treatment
- Open and responsive to diverse backgrounds and experience of other people and promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity
- Understands and is able to discern continuum support services as adjunct assistance for patient stability
- Act as an advocate for USMM continuum of care in the community
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medicare benefits, patient rights, advance directives and community resources
- Demonstrate proficiency in concurrent EMR documentation and appropriate coding
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Advanced Practice Nurse with appropriate active and unrestricted state licensure
- Valid NPI#, DEA and CTP
- Enrolled with Medicare or state Medicaid or eligible for enrollment
- 3 years of home based or Behavioral Health Case Management or relevant experience
- Demonstrates excellent observation, verbal and written communication, problem solving and organizational skills
Reaching out to those in need is more than a career; it’s a calling.
Our care starts with our people. Our compassionate doctors are supported by skilled staff (medical assistants, practice managers, patient care coordinators, schedulers) all committed to delivering the best care for each and every patient.
No other physician practice offers the immediate resources of having such highly accredited laboratory (CAP), diagnostics & radiology, along with offering a full continuum of home health and hospice.
Beyond that, our internal resources of Operations, QA, Compliance, Clinical departments are all devoted to providing ongoing support complimenting each doctor and every office.
To provide compassionate, high quality medical care in the home
Respect - we will value others and treat them how they want to be treated
Integrity - we will be honest, transparent and do the right thing
Teamwork - we will create strong relationships that are founded in respect, sharing, and accountability
Excellence - we will strive to deliver the highest quality services through efficient processes