LPN Job In Troy, Michigan
Licensed Professional Nurse/Licensed Practical NurseNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Alicia McHugh: Sign in to view
Licensed Professional Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
Benefits We Have to Offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Licensed Professional Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse provides intermittent Skilled Nursing services to patients in the home setting according to the patients Plan of Care. Participates in the planning, evaluation and implementation of individualized patient care in coordination with the RN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides intermittent and skilled nursing services including assessment, evaluation, procedures, teaching, and training activities as outlined in the patient Plan of Care.
- Reports significant findings to patient's physician and RN as they occur.
- Submits completed skilled nursing notes, and communication notes per policy.
- Submits change orders within 48 hours of occurrence.
- Submits subsequent documentation daily
- Schedules a Case Conference/IDG with assigned RN to review patient's needs, problems, level of care and any changes in Plan of Care of next cert period.
- Participates in updating the Patient Care Plan on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in QAPI program through submission of data collection as it relates to direct patient care problems and serving on QAPI teams.
- Follows agency policies and procedures.
- Attends staff meetings and educational in-services per agency requirements.
- Continually strives to improve nursing care by broadening knowledge through formal education, attendance at work shops, conferences and participation in professional and related organizations and individual research reading.
- Effectively communicates with all members of the multidisciplinary team, the patient and physician.
- Acts as the patient's advocate and as such is liaison to assist in communicating the patient's needs to the multidisciplinary team.
- Assists in the discharge planning process per clinical leadership.
- Documents discharge planning in Skilled Nurse notes.
- Will contact supervisor with any concerns related to infection control
- Complete informational visit and obtain patient consents for hospice admission per office procedure
- Attends all mandatory in-services and meetings provided by agency
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program through submission of data focusing on indicators related to improved palliative outcomes and serving on QAPI team
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities
- Understands and apply basic infection control principles and procedures. Will contact supervisor with any concerns related to infection control
- Follows agency policies and procedures to operate and furnish services in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations
- Performs additional duties as assigned
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Currently licensed as a licensed practical nurse by the State Board of Nursing.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Is able to meet certain physical demands of standing, bending, lifting, stooping or performing other work requiring light physical exertion (up to 30 pounds) on a continuous basis (over 50% of time); or moderate physical exertion (30 to 50 pounds) on a frequent basis (16 to 50% of time); or heavy physical exertion on an occasional basis (up to 15% of time).
- Ability to work in a field setting and exhibited ability to make sound nursing judgment.
- Be available at all times during agency operating hours
- Has a mental and physical health necessary to meet the demands of the position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in personal computer use including email, clinical, word processing and spreadsheet software
- Have and maintain an automobile to be used for work
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- One year prior nursing experience
- EMR Experience
Reaching out to those in need is more than a career, it’s a calling.
If you share our philosophy, come share our success and exceptional growth potential.
Making every moment count
We believe that quality of life starts with excellent care provided by our team of physicians, nurses, hospice aides, social workers, chaplains and volunteers. We are also proud to acknowledge that all of our locations are accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP) – one of the most stringent accrediting bodies in the nation.
Career opportunities include:
- Nurse Case Managers- RN (field)
- Nurse Leaders - Clinical Managers (RN)
- Travel Nurses- RN's
- Hospice Aides
- Administrators (RN Required)
- Medical Directors (MD or DO)
- Medical Social Workers