Medical Records Job In Youngstown, Ohio
Medical Records SpecialistNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Stephanie Jendo: Sign in to view
Medical Records Specialist
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
Benefits We Have to Offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Medical Records Specialist will be responsible for data entry of OASIS-C and Plans of Care not entered at point of care, doc-linking non-electronic documents, processing end of episode documents, the Physician’s orders, medication profiles, and other administrative duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primarily works in an office environment and answer phones according to agency policy
- Maintains the electronic medical record. Assists with record audits
- QA’s daily notes for completeness and monitors the dashboard for incomplete documentation
- Serves at the device expert in the office
- Enters all OASIS-C and 485 data elements not entered at point of care
- Sends Physician orders and track for signature, end of episode reports, medication profiles to patients, track Face-to-Face encounter documentation, doc-link all non-point of care documents, and other data elements as needed
- Makes admission, recertification packets as needed
- Maintains open lines of communication with all members of the healthcare team
- Communicates with staff and patients
- Assists other clerical staff members as necessary
- Follows agency policies and procedures
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Administrator
- Able to lift 40 pounds from floor to shoulder
- Repetitive walking, standing, sitting, bending and use of hands
- Average hearing and vision
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- General computer proficiency and ability to type 40 wpm accurately
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Six (6) months electronic medical record experience in healthcare field
ADDITIONAL FLORIDA REQUIREMENTS
- Active CPR Certification
Reaching out to those in need is more than a career; it’s a calling.
If you share our philosophy, come share our success and exceptional growth potential.
Making every moment count
We believe that quality of life starts with excellent care provided by our team We are proud to acknowledge that all of our locations are accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP) – one of the most stringent accrediting bodies in the nation. Some of our Career opportunities include:
- Nurses - RN's (Field and Management)
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
- Home Health Aides
- Medical Social Workers