RN Job In Irving, Texas
Nurse Navigator Day Shift Mon-Fri No Weekends or HolidaysNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Heather Fronrath: Sign in to view
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
Benefits We Have to Offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
A Nurse Navigator works closely with the Visiting Physician, USMM’s in home health care continuum and specialty services to maximize the health of the VPA patient. This position requires home visits to the high risk patients and their caregivers to perform assessments, serve as an advocate to identify life goals, provide input in the treatment planning process and offer solutions to improve patient care. A Nurse Navigator will also ensure the coordination and communication of a patient’s treatment plan and general status to all providers and care givers during the continuum of care. This position requires advanced nursing knowledge and expertise to identify gaps in care, provide education, assist with resources, partner with continuum to reduce unplanned hospitalizations and ensure the right care at the right time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides on-site clinical coordination
- Spend quality time with our patients and families identifying gaps in care, providing education, assisting with community resources and partnering with our continuum in an effort to reduce unplanned hospitalizations and help ensure the right care at the right time
- Coordinates the transition of care for patients throughout the continuum to ensure patient needs are met accordingly via case conferencing with providers and continuum partners
- Attends all scheduled VPA and interdisciplinary meetings
- Facilitates positive relationship development among the continuum
- Collaborates with all continuum partners (providers, VPA/Grace/PSC staff, patients/families, community agencies, clinical liaisons)
- Serves as an educational resource regarding palliative care and home care for providers, patients, and care givers
- Perform basic nursing assessment of patients (with their input) to maximize or improve current health status and independence to assist with avoiding unnecessary hospitalization or emergency visits to include but not limited to: urine analysis, blood sugar testing as needed based on patient care
- Review of medical records to identify gaps in care, potential hospice or home health referrals, and coordinate services with the care team to manage these issues
- Educate the patient and the care giver on the importance of care in the continuum; this will enable providers to communicate with each other, identifying gaps in care, reduce hospital readmission, improved outcomes and patient satisfaction
- Is accessible via phone and email to continuum partners, providers, peers, and supervisor during working hours
- When necessary or as directed, travel to patient locations such as hospital, skilled nursing facility, an in the home to assess patient needs and status
- Facilitate communication of patient status and plan of care during transitional experiences such as home to hospital, hospital to post-acute care and back to home
- Communicate with the providers, patient or care giver, and any specialty program staff that are available, such as hospice, and homecare
- Confirm that appropriate home care, palliative care and other ancillary services are in place and are being delivered as directed by the care team
- Works closely with all providers to include Physicians, Nurse Practitioners (NP), Physician Assistants-(PA) regarding:
- Criteria for palliative care and home care referrals
- Community resources in specific geographical service area
- Case conferencing to coordinate care, improve documentation and communication
- Patient education materials
- Assists with documentation to support eligibility of patient under the care of hospice or home care (which may include chart audit worksheet, Labs, diagnostics, History and Physical, Fast Scale, Mortality Risk Scale, etc.*)
- Utilize clinical tools such as protocols, physician orders, and care coordination models to maximize patient care.
- Participates in developing and enhancing tools and company initiatives that promote patient services
- Provides or arranges for in-services for continuum staff
- Attends all required meetings (monthly staff, etc.) and in-services
- Provides periodic ride-along with physician Providers (Physicians, NP/PA’s)
- Identifies any potential opportunities for improvements within the program/continuum or any needed program development
- Provides/Coordinates educational opportunities for continuum staff on an as needed bases to include participation in new hire orientations
- Complete and submit reports and data on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to track volume and productivity
- Manages time effectively to ensure all duties and documentation requirements are completed in a timely manner
- Maintains communication with the Regional Director- Medical Management regarding compliance, job performance and significant patient care issues as they arise
- Maintain productivity expectations related to patient visits, telephonic outreach assessments and other duties as assigned
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Active R.N. License
- Active CPR Certificate
- 2 or more years of direct home health experience
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to perform extensive telephone assessment
- Knowledge of Medicare regulations and home care and hospice standards
- Experience with small group presentations and teaching/training
- Understanding of adult learning principles
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills
- Exhibits excellent written and oral skills
- Working knowledge of computer programs (email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must be self-motivated, independent, structured, organized, very detailed and able to meet deadlines
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science
- 6 month experience of home health
- 1 year experience of care management
- 1 year experience of discharge planning
- 1 year leadership and/or supervisory experience
Reaching out to those in need is more than a career; it’s a calling.
Our care starts with our people. Our compassionate doctors are supported by skilled staff (medical assistants, practice managers, patient care coordinators, schedulers) all committed to delivering the best care for each and every patient.
No other physician practice offers the immediate resources of having such highly accredited laboratory (CAP), diagnostics & radiology, along with offering a full continuum of home health and hospice.
Beyond that, our internal resources of Operations, QA, Compliance, Clinical departments are all devoted to providing ongoing support complimenting each doctor and every office.
To provide compassionate, high quality medical care in the home
Respect - we will value others and treat them how they want to be treated
Integrity - we will be honest, transparent and do the right thing
Teamwork - we will create strong relationships that are founded in respect, sharing, and accountability
Excellence - we will strive to deliver the highest quality services through efficient processes