Nurse Practitioner Job In South Bend, Indiana
Nurse PractitionerNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Santina Gianino: Sign in to view
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
The Nurse Practitioner delivers primary health care and patient care management in a residential setting, within the scope of practice for a Nurse Practitioner, as delegated by the collaborative Physician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees performance of assigned Medical Assistant
- Takes history, examines, determines diagnoses and treats scheduled patients
- Provides written documentation of patient visit, per NCQA standards
- Takes patient vital signs, as necessary, if Medical Assistant is unable to obtain
- Performs phlebotomy (Venipuncture only), as necessary, if Medical Assistant is unable to complete draw. Performs injections and/or immunizations. May perform ECG, Holter and/or Pulse Oximetry occasionally
- Instructs patients/caregivers on proper medication and treatment regimens
- Performs minor surgeries as necessary, limited to I&D, removal of foreign body, suture removal, minor lacerations, minor aspiration
- Works with Patient Care Coordinator to assure orders and referrals are properly/timely placed
- Communicates with patients, caregivers, agency nurses, other providers and vendors as necessary to assure proper diagnosis and treatment
- Performs all clinical duties while observing OSHA Universal Precautions
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Attends required meetings and in-services and participates in committees, as requested
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional licenses and affiliations
- Performs related work as required
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Active CPR Certification
- Licensed as a NP in the State where VPA office located
- BLS certified
- Federal DEA License/eligibility
- Geriatric training/experience preferred
Reaching out to those in need is more than a career; it’s a calling.
Our care starts with our people. Our compassionate doctors are supported by skilled staff (medical assistants, practice managers, patient care coordinators, schedulers) all committed to delivering the best care for each and every patient.
No other physician practice offers the immediate resources of having such highly accredited laboratory (CAP), diagnostics & radiology, along with offering a full continuum of home health and hospice.
Beyond that, our internal resources of Operations, QA, Compliance, Clinical departments are all devoted to providing ongoing support complimenting each doctor and every office.
To provide compassionate, high quality medical care in the home
Respect - we will value others and treat them how they want to be treated
Integrity - we will be honest, transparent and do the right thing
Teamwork - we will create strong relationships that are founded in respect, sharing, and accountability
Excellence - we will strive to deliver the highest quality services through efficient processes